Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Companion pass 2013-14

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
It seems Chase does their 50K promos at least twice a year. Did they run this promo last fall? I'm holding out on this summer's promo, hoping for a fall/winter promo that I can snag to get the companion pass.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:40 pm

I already have an upcoming flight booked for my fiance and I but I will soon be getting the CP. Can I call and have her ticket adjusted once I get it?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by nemlich22
I already have an upcoming flight booked for my fiance and I but I will soon be getting the CP. Can I call and have her ticket adjusted once I get it?

As long as you are flying also and there is a seat available you should be able to.

If you booked her using cash I believe you can reuse the funds but not get a refund if you booked a WN fare.

I'm sure others here who have done this will chime in.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 3:34 pm

Just got approved for the SW RR Card. During card activation, they asked if I would like to change the bill cycle date. What is the best bill cycle date to use if I want the RR points posted to my SW RR account asap? I will be making the $2k qualifying purchase in the next 3-4 days.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Based on the experiences on this forum it should be a few days after you are making the spend as it can take a few days for the purchases to post before the statement it closed. So if you are making the spend in the next few days. Set the date for 7/10 or something like that to make sure the purchases post. I can't guarantee it but that should work for you.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 2:22 pm

Posted this in it's own thread, but maybe here is better since it seems all the CP experts are here.

My CP expires 12/31/2014. We are planning some travel around new years. In order to book a companion fare, must the travel date be in calendar year 2014, or can i add a companion on a booking in calendar year 2014 for a travel date early in the new year?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WhateverDude
Posted this in it's own thread, but maybe here is better since it seems all the CP experts are here.

My CP expires 12/31/2014. We are planning some travel around new years. In order to book a companion fare, must the travel date be in calendar year 2014, or can i add a companion on a booking in calendar year 2014 for a travel date early in the new year?

Thanks in advance.
See your other thread where you were the OP and double posted. I answered there.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
See your other thread where you were the OP and double posted. I answered there.
Thanks I.U.N.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:15 pm

Does SW award you the CP, and let you keep the pts., once you have accumulated 110k pts? Or do you spend the 110k pts to get the CP?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by hackysacker
Does SW award you the CP, and let you keep the pts., once you have accumulated 110k pts? Or do you spend the 110k pts to get the CP?
You keep the points. You can even spend them before you get the CP.

All you need to do is to earn the points during a single calendar year.

But not all points qualify.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by hackysacker
Lets you keep them/use them
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
It seems Chase does their 50K promos at least twice a year. Did they run this promo last fall? I'm holding out on this summer's promo, hoping for a fall/winter promo that I can snag to get the companion pass.
I'm doing the same thing. Waiting until the fall promo kicks in.

Just make sure you finish your spend in 2015. That way you'll have the CP for all of 2015 and 2016.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by wetsand
About a month ago to get closer to cp qualifying point total I transfered 50,000 Chase UR points to Hyatt which transfered to 30,000 SW points. The total time from start to finish was less than 3 days.

Made rookie mistake 2 years ago of applying for 2 cards in November and completing spend in late December on one card and they POSTED in December. Didn't have time to make up the other points before year end so I started January with a little more than 54000 points and had to scramble to post points in Jan and beyond to accumulate 110000 points in the new year. Got comp pass in april. Ended up with about 170000 points. Still flying it off.
I'm a bit confused. Wouldn't you WANT the points from the second card to post in Jan or beyond? That way you will have almost 2 years of CP.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112

This is really good news! Thanks. My GF will be happy to hear we're going to Vegas!
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112

I'm pretty sure it doesn't need to be in one calendar year. Start in Nov, end in Jan and you've got a CP for almost 2 full years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.