Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Kudos to the WN gates agents working at GSP yesterday

Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN RR, UA M+, Hilton, Marriott

So I gather that WN experienced some significant weather-related schedule disruptions yesterday... but due to some quick work by the gate agents, I was still able to sleep in my own bed last night. I was booked on the ~4:30 flight from GSP to MDW, connecting on to DEN. The plane flying the GSP-MDW leg was delayed about 4 hours, which meant I would miss my connecting flight on to DEN. While GSP is not the smallest airport I've flown through, it doesn't have a lot of WN flights and the flight to MDW was the last scheduled WN flight of the day. As it happened, there was a GSP to MCO flight that had been scheduled to go at 10:30 A.M., but had yet to actually board.

Figuring that my odds of avoiding weather delays in December were a good bit better at MCO than at MDW, I asked the gate agents to see if there were any open seats on the GSP to MCO flights and if there was a MCO to DEN flight that would not have departed yet when the flight from GSP got to MCO. The gate agents checked and it turned out that the last MCO to DEN flight was scheduled to depart before the flight from GSP landed, but it was also delayed. The agents told me that I would likely have to run for the MCO to DEN flight, but they went ahead and re-routed me through MCO. As it turned out, I got to the gate in MCO about 5 minutes before the flight to DEN started boarding.

So thanks to the WN gate agents at GSP who helped me get home last night.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:45 am

Write a letter and WN will get your message to the appropriate person.

Southwest Airlines
P.O. Box 36647-1CR
Dallas, Texas 75235
Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qwertyasdfghzxcvbn
Write a letter and WN will get your message to the appropriate person.

Southwest Airlines
P.O. Box 36647-1CR
Dallas, Texas 75235
Thanks for the tip. will do.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
OP, I thought that you were going to say that the GA's were PROACTIVE, which would have been wonderful. Actually, they were REACTIVE to your question (which is good, but not stellar service).
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by formeraa
OP, I thought that you were going to say that the GA's were PROACTIVE, which would have been wonderful. Actually, they were REACTIVE to your question (which is good, but not stellar service).
Well, I don't know that the gate agents could have done what they did for me if I had checked a bag so I'm not surprised that the GA did not simply re-route me without a request from me. But having verified that I had not checked a bag and that the MCO-DEN flight was delayed (just) enough to let me make that connection, I was pleased that the re-route was done.

As an aside, back when I was a UA mid-level elite, I had an automatic re-route done on a scheduled connection at ORD that I missed due to a delayed inbound. I'm not sure how the re-routed schedules are selected, but I was rebooked on a commuter flight that stopped in Sioux Falls before going on to DEN. It was the next departing UA flight going between ORD and DEN, but arrived LATER than one on a 777 (a much nicer plane) that had no stops. Needless to say, I got a UA agent to get me a seat on the nonstop flight instead and remain wary of auto-reroutes on itns

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.