Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

WN FA just got approves to Hawaii & near-international flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2012, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Finally!!! Just about time!!

FA just got approves Hawaii service & near-international flight, too.

Here is the link:

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=170752786

Congratulations to FA & WN. Best of luck.

Let's the speculation begin.

Last edited by N830MH; Sep 21, 2012 at 10:54 pm
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:59 pm

You know English is the official language of the USA...
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Since when do flight attendants decide what routes an airline operates...

Last edited by Dieuwer; Sep 21, 2012 at 10:15 pm
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Is a near-international flight to a border city like Calexico?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by runnigel
The OP uses ASL, and has made excellent strides in the verbage in his posts over time. He''s very knowledgeable on airline background information, and a good person too.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
+3.14 ^

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
The OP uses ASL, and has made excellent strides in the verbage in his posts over time. He''s very knowledgeable on airline background information, and a good person too.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Thanks for your efforts. I appreciate your helps. I can try to write very clearly. Sorry about a grammar word. I am very valuable on aviation-related forum. I am acknowledgeable for which the specific route, aircraft information and etc.

Are you happy now? Now you can fly to Hawaii.

There is lots of those people who will giving it away. They want to get a free flight. Hawaii is a very popular leisure vacation trip.

I heard a rumor that WN will start Hawaii service sometime in between 2013 or 2014 but, I am not quite sure.

Last edited by N830MH; Sep 21, 2012 at 11:03 pm
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:25 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Well I for one am all for it!
Old Sep 22, 2012, 5:56 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
If you go to the very short article about the hurdle of getting the important FA union approval, try to not read the comments. You have been warned. Here is what they say:
  1. WN is a cattle car airline with tiny planes.
  2. Hawaiian air needs the competition, please do inter-island.
  3. Good. WN is a decent airline.

Each and every one is a variation on those themes. Sounds a lot like here. For the second just insert the recurring "When will WN fly to XXX?" thread.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 6:17 am

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil
Looks like the vote was really close - why the opposition by FAs?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by runnigel
OP is knowledgeable and respected and contributes a lot. Not everyone on FT can say that. An apology is in order.

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
Each and every one is a variation on those themes. Sounds a lot like here. For the second just insert the recurring "When will WN fly to XXX?" thread.
Plus "Will my CP be good on that route?" Of course, that's uppermost in my mind. too.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by DoctorK
Looks like the vote was really close - why the opposition by FAs?
Every airline labor contract rule change grants an opportunity for the work group to demand more - some times a lot more. (Certainly a big change to the WN route network can mean more nights away from home and family so there are meaningful concerns.)
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
OP is knowledgeable and respected and contributes a lot. Not everyone on FT can say that. An apology is in order.

Plus "Will my CP be good on that route?" Of course, that's uppermost in my mind. too.
There is some financial logic to limiting the CP use to certain routes. The roll out of Hawaii and eventually international provides an easy opportunity for WN to modify CP T&C based on these specific new services. Whether they will or not is unknown and will remain a mystery until they tell us.

It would be financially sound but a customer service disaster. So figure 50/50 chance with current management.

Finally, when I made my attempt at learning ASL, I found the syntax and grammar of the language to be more daunting than learning the signs. particularly for complex discussions. Most people, including me at first, think that ASL is simply replacing the words with signs. It is not as that makes the signing much too complicated. We use many unnecessary words in conversation that are hindrances to ASL. If you know some of the ins and outs of ASL grammar, the posts make perfect sense.

Very basic example, and I hope the order is correct, as I have forgotten quite a bit.

If someone enters your office you might say "Have a seat in that chair, Bob." In ASL it would be "chair sit you." Object, action, person. "I am taking a trip on an airplane" becomes "airplane ride me." Gosh, I hope that is right. It has been a while.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
... It would be financially sound but a customer service disaster. So figure 50/50 chance with current management.
+1 on that! I with my 400K+ points and CP are anxiously awating the opportunity to use them to Hawaii!

Also, Ink, thanks for the education on ASL. I had wondered what was the deal with N830MH, now I know.

N830MH, thanks for your very many informative posts!
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Me thinks that Hawaii inter-island might be a good use for any -500s still in the fleet. Somebody please educate me as to how many of them WN still has.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.