Old RR 1 Award

Old Sep 20, 12, 11:42 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
Old RR 1 Award

Have one RR 1 award left, expiration 11/1/11. Do I need to renew before 11/1/12 or can I wait until 11/1/13?
Thanks
pokerdog is offline  
Old Sep 21, 12, 12:42 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 369
http://thepointsguy.com/2012/04/movi...nd-vice-versa/

You're welcome.
Campath is offline  
Old Sep 21, 12, 9:35 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 751
Originally Posted by pokerdog View Post
Have one RR 1 award left, expiration 11/1/11. Do I need to renew before 11/1/12 or can I wait until 11/1/13?
Thanks
Sigh. Disregard what the other person posted; reading is fundamental.

Bullet point 4 here: http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...pired_award.3F

Even though it says 24 months may be possible, because the transfer 2 step exists (search for it in the wiki) you can keep extending that unexpired award, so it is unnecessary to wait that long.

Suggested reading: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...s-voucher.html
qwertyasdfghzxcvbn is offline  
Old Sep 21, 12, 5:06 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 369
Old RR 1 Award

What's the point of doing any of that? Just transfer to AirTran and back and you're set for another year.
Campath is offline  
Old Sep 21, 12, 5:16 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 751
Originally Posted by Campath View Post
What's the point of doing any of that? Just transfer to AirTran and back and you're set for another year.
It must be unexpired to do the transfer 2 step. We are in the year 2012.
qwertyasdfghzxcvbn is offline  
Old Sep 21, 12, 9:54 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 369
Originally Posted by qwertyasdfghzxcvbn View Post
It must be unexpired to do the transfer 2 step. We are in the year 2012.
Doh!
Campath is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: