Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does SW typically add flights to schedule later?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

I have been looking at the Feb 9 schedule from SLC to Orlando or Tampa and Saturday is showing 2 flights only to each. All other days have about 6 flights dailly. Is there a reason for this and is it likely to change?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
I have been looking at the Feb 9 schedule from SLC to Orlando or Tampa and Saturday is showing 2 flights only to each. All other days have about 6 flights dailly. Is there a reason for this and is it likely to change?
Because it is Saturday, and no it is not likely.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Probably not, but I have seen them yank flights, including one that turned my 5-hour MHT-LAS nonstop into a 9-hour connection in MDW.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
Probably not, but I have seen them yank flights, including one that turned my 5-hour MHT-LAS nonstop into a 9-hour connection in MDW.
Why would you have a 9 hour layover at MDW for a flight to LAS????
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Why would you have a 9 hour layover at MDW for a flight to LAS????
Let me guess. It went from NS to a 3 hour connection that was an hour out of the way with approach and takeoff. Total time from 5 hours to 9 hours.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
Let me guess. It went from NS to a 3 hour connection that was an hour out of the way with approach and takeoff. Total time from 5 hours to 9 hours.
Right on. Thanks, Ink!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
Right on. Thanks, Ink!
Sorry. Misread the post. I originally read it as you having a 9 hour layover at MDW. Not total of 9 hours
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
Right on. Thanks, Ink!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.