Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Inside-Security Sit-Down Restaurant at MCI-Kansas City

Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade

If it helps make a decision about a Kansas City (MCI) connection on Southwest......there's now a sit-down table-service restaurant inside security for the Southwest gate area. It's upstairs, with elevator access across from gate 41.

It's called the "Pork and Pickle" --- menu has the usual burgers ($11), big cobb salads ($7-15), sandwiches, brats and an emphasis on BBQ ribs, chicken and brisket . Unexpected are mussels from PEI ($16), and a list of a dozen distinctive beers.

Serves breakfast all day.

Run by HMS/Host, although I dreamed of a branch of Arthur Byrant's BBQ.

(fyi--posted in the SW forum, rather than in Midwest-KC since access is only from SW gates at MCI)
Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Good news for connecting pax, as those gate areas can get very crowded at times. Nice to have a place to escape if you have an hour to kill...
Old Aug 16, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Nice to know. I fly in and out of MCI several times a year. It is good to know that I can go ahead and clear security and still have a sit down place to have a bite. (Not to mention the occasional 3-hour connection.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.