Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest wants to begin outsourcing its employees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest wants to begin outsourcing its employees

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
What do I think?

If WN needs to outsource some jobs to bring back competitive fares, then I'm all for it. Perhaps if labor unions would learn the concept of "give a little", this wouldn't be necessary.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: United 1k ; SW A+ Preferred; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Hertz4me
no way the union will vote for contract workers, moral at my station is already at an all time low, if contract workers come in southwest will suffer, call outs, protests, strikes, delays, missed bags
So if "moral (sic) at my station is already at an all time low", maybe there isn't much to lose by outsourcing. Perhaps contractors will appreciate their jobs more. Never know.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 12:31 pm
Suspended

"superior customer service and treatment by Southwest employees are a deciding factor in why they continue to use Southwest."

LOL....are you kidding??? Well, WN may not be as terrible at customer service as CO, but still. Their customer service is great, if I were 10 years old and attending fat camp. Nobody has a right to a job at WN and hiring contract employees does not eliminate the number of available jobs out there. Isn't it is a cost savings measure that keeps prices down for the customer?

WN has been doing alot over the last few years to ensure that people stay away in droves. From removing it's greatest proletariat incentive as the cheapest airline to ensuring that those who belong to it's loyalty programs get less and less benefit all the time. Routing is all it has left, and other carriers are catching up to that also (at least in my own market of So. Cal).

20% is a pretty low number and I am sure it will be baggage handlers and (gulp) maintenance.

Last edited by pinworm; Jun 28, 2012 at 3:06 am
Old Jun 27, 2012, 6:24 pm

Based on my experience at BWI and LAS today I don't think Southwest employees could get any worse. Seriously making Spirit look good (actually their employees are quite nice just an awful business so not really a fair comparison)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.