Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Today Only: $10 Off WGA RT fares through mid-March

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today Only: $10 Off WGA RT fares through mid-March

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2012, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold; WN A-List Pref., CP; Marriott Plat.
Thumbs up Today Only: $10 Off WGA RT fares through mid-March

Code: FB2012

Good for $10 off WGA RT fares through mid March (Spring Break appears to be blacked out).

Code in honor of WN passing 2 million Facebook fans.

Enjoy.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 6:39 am

If I booked with points and this brought down one way of my round-trip, but the other way is higher, is there anyway to get the one way of my trip down to the lower point amount? I've never tried to change it online like that and can't figure out how to do it.

Don't want to cancel the entire thing since the return part went way up. Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by Lyssa
If I booked with points and this brought down one way of my round-trip, but the other way is higher, is there anyway to get the one way of my trip down to the lower point amount? I've never tried to change it online like that and can't figure out how to do it.

Don't want to cancel the entire thing since the return part went way up. Thanks!
Not valid with points.

Terms and Conditions
  • $10 discount valid at southwest.com or SWABIZ.com off the total amount of a roundtrip Wanna Get Away Fare® purchase before taxes and fees.
  • Purchase must be made on 2/17/12 for travel between 2/21/12 and 3/15/12.
  • Blackout dates apply 3/9/12-3/11/12. If any portion of travel falls on a blackout date, the discount will not apply.
  • Discount is valid between all scheduled Southwest Airlines® markets.
  • The discount is only valid with the provided Promotion Code and is not combinable with other Promotion Codes or fares available exclusively through the web tool DING!.
  • This promotion includes only Wanna Get Away Fares.
  • Minimum 7 day advance purchase may be required.
  • Discount is not valid on reservations made using Rapid Rewards® points.
  • Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualifications for this promotion.
  • Seats are limited and may not be available on every flight. Discounts are valid per reservation before taxes are applied.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: WN CP
Great timing considering they raised fares by the same amount yesterday.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...-increase.html
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by swag
Not valid with points.
Well, even without the code the fare must have gone down for the outbound because I was looking in points and it was less points. I paid over 8,000 points for my outbound and now it's around 7,000. The return flight I paid about 5,000 points for and is now also at 7,000.

Is there anyway to bring down the number of points needed just for my outbound portion?

Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Well, even without the code the fare must have gone down for the outbound because I was looking in points and it was less points. I paid over 8,000 points for my outbound and now it's around 7,000. The return flight I paid about 5,000 points for and is now also at 7,000.

Is there anyway to bring down the number of points needed just for my outbound portion?

Thanks!
This is why we generally book ONE-WAY itineraries. However, you can try to "change" just the outbound flight and see if the whole itinerary prices out lower. If it doesn't, just don't confirm the change and keep the reservation as is. Next time, just book two one-way itineraries and you won't have this problem.

Note that, if trying to use the FB promo code, it requires a RT ticket.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by formeraa
This is why we generally book ONE-WAY itineraries. However, you can try to "change" just the outbound flight and see if the whole itinerary prices out lower. If it doesn't, just don't confirm the change and keep the reservation as is. Next time, just book two one-way itineraries and you won't have this problem.

Thanks, I am starting to see now that I should just book one-ways. I've been trying to collect points for about a year and am just now starting to use them, so am still relatively new to this side of it.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by formeraa

Oddly enough I got this message:

Your reservation contains modifications that prevent you from changing it online. Please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792). (SW301015-fO7lLV-tQGeNlpyw1Jim3A)

I guess I will just forget it this time, but take this as a learning experience going forward.

Last edited by Lyssa; Feb 17, 2012 at 10:11 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:44 am

Oddly enough I got this message:

Your reservation contains modifications that prevent you from changing it online. Please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792). (SW301015-fO7lLV-tQGeNlpyw1Jim3A)

I guess I will just forget it this time, but take this as a learning experience going forward.
If you've ever contacted anyone at the telephone customer service about a reservation you can no longer make any changes to that reservation online. It's a bizarre oddity of Southwest's booking systems.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by curbcrusher
Great timing considering they raised fares by the same amount yesterday.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...-increase.html
BNA-BWI went up by $25 O/W, legacies are now $100 cheaper for RT travel. Quite amazing what these guys are up to. Time to dust off my DL status....
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by robbert
legacies are now $100 cheaper for RT travel. Quite amazing what these guys are up to. Time to dust off my DL status....
It is quite amazing, I've watched a last minute ticket from DAL-AUS go from $127 each way to $200 each way over the last year. As soon as my CP expires (thanks to RR2.0), I'm probably off to AA once again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.