Community
Wiki Posts
Search

swapping miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:06 am
Original Poster

swapping miles?

A bunch of friends and i have a wedding in march in denver, we would like to sign up for the southwest credit card but are afraid that by the time we get the card rapid reward seats will no longer be available. Is it possible for someone to book the seats now and we'll pay them back the points when we recieve them?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by tightbudget
A bunch of friends and i have a wedding in march in denver, we would like to sign up for the southwest credit card but are afraid that by the time we get the card rapid reward seats will no longer be available. Is it possible for someone to book the seats now and we'll pay them back the points when we recieve them?
You might want to familiarize yourself with the new Rapid Rewards program. As long as there is a seat available on the flight, you can buy it with points. You may, however, pay more as the flight date nears...or fares could drop. In any case, you will definitely want to book at least a week before the flight, when the lowest fare bucket is likely still available. Number of points needed is directly related to the fare - it's all spelled out on the WN website.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:15 pm

You can also buy an Anytime fare ticket now with cash, and once the points come through just use the points to buy new tickets and get refunds for the old ones. Means floating the cash, but guarantees you a ticket.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Originally Posted by dagaetch
You can also buy an Anytime fare ticket now with cash, and once the points come through just use the points to buy new tickets and get refunds for the old ones. Means floating the cash, but guarantees you a ticket.
Yes - but, in the meantime the points price may have / probably will have gone up, unless you're buying anytime fares with points, which is generally a losing proposition. Caveat emptor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.