Bait and Switch by Chase

Old Jan 16, 12, 9:29 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: DL Plat, WN A-List w/CP, UA Silver, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 583
Bait and Switch by Chase

I applied for the Premier Rapid Rewards card on 12/5/11. I linked via a banner ad on the southwest website offering 50,000 bonus points. The link took me to a Chase page to complete the application and it too referred to a 50,000 point bonus. I just got the points for my first statement and was only given 25,000. The two reps I spoke to from Chase said that I selected a 25,000 point offer which I know to be untrue.

I wish I had printed every screen shot out, but of course I didn't. All the materials that came with the card talk about the fees and don't mention anything about points except the anniversary 6,000 points. Chase isn't willing to budge but they have submitted a request for their marketing group to take a look (which will probably not do a single thing). There were two offers on the page that day, one for the $99/yr card and one for the $69/yr card. I'm baffled that Chase can't easily determine what I clicked on to get to their website.

Anyone else had this issue with them? I also find it frustrating that none of my Aloft hotels purchases were classified as "hotel partner purchases" so I had to fight to get the double points there as well. I leterally had to walk the rep through the southwest website hotel partner list so she could see for herself. Big thumbs down Chase!
EmoryFlyer is offline  
Old Jan 16, 12, 6:18 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 8,034
I did, but not on the web site. I signed up at the airport after talking to a nice young lady that was passing out shirts and applications. She assured me that I was signing up for the 50,000 card. When the card arrives, nope, just 25,000 and the $69 AF. I immediately call Chase, they upgrade me to the one the is 50,000 points, $99 AF. The new card arrived in about a week.
InkUnderNails is offline  
Old Jan 16, 12, 7:00 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cockeysville, MD
Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Posts: 8,990
They "reserve the right" to qualify an applicant for a lower level card-with less sign up benefits if they did not qualify for the top level card. Is this a possible cause? Even if it is, call and try to get them back!
Mr. Vker is offline  
Old Jan 17, 12, 10:34 am
  #4  
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dallas, TX - SWA Headquarters
Programs: Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by EmoryFlyer View Post
I applied for the Premier Rapid Rewards card on 12/5/11. I linked via a banner ad on the southwest website offering 50,000 bonus points. The link took me to a Chase page to complete the application and it too referred to a 50,000 point bonus. I just got the points for my first statement and was only given 25,000. The two reps I spoke to from Chase said that I selected a 25,000 point offer which I know to be untrue.

I wish I had printed every screen shot out, but of course I didn't. All the materials that came with the card talk about the fees and don't mention anything about points except the anniversary 6,000 points. Chase isn't willing to budge but they have submitted a request for their marketing group to take a look (which will probably not do a single thing). There were two offers on the page that day, one for the $99/yr card and one for the $69/yr card. I'm baffled that Chase can't easily determine what I clicked on to get to their website.

Anyone else had this issue with them? I also find it frustrating that none of my Aloft hotels purchases were classified as "hotel partner purchases" so I had to fight to get the double points there as well. I leterally had to walk the rep through the southwest website hotel partner list so she could see for herself. Big thumbs down Chase!
Hi,
I'm sorry about the experience you had with our partner! Can you private message me your Rapid Rewards information? I'm going to look into this for you and see how we can fix it.

Thanks,
Verity
SouthwestVerity is offline  
Old Jan 17, 12, 8:00 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: DL Plat, WN A-List w/CP, UA Silver, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 583
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker View Post
They "reserve the right" to qualify an applicant for a lower level card-with less sign up benefits if they did not qualify for the top level card. Is this a possible cause? Even if it is, call and try to get them back!
No, I actually got the card I signed up for (with a large credit line...more than I expected). I've had several cards with Chase in the past...funny how they treat a good customer!
EmoryFlyer is offline  
Old Jan 17, 12, 8:00 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: DL Plat, WN A-List w/CP, UA Silver, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 583
Originally Posted by SouthwestVerity View Post
Hi,
I'm sorry about the experience you had with our partner! Can you private message me your Rapid Rewards information? I'm going to look into this for you and see how we can fix it.

Thanks,
Verity
PM sent -- thanks for any help you can provide!
EmoryFlyer is offline  
Old Jan 18, 12, 4:38 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: LAX
Programs: WN A-List
Posts: 1,015
I got a written offer in the mail for 50k miles (that I saved just in case) but applied online using a link from the written offer. The web based application made no mention about how many bonus miles I was getting. I asked the CSR when activating the CC who assured me 50k miles but I didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling about the whole process. I could definitely see people getting screwed over.
Dunbar is offline  
Old Jan 19, 12, 2:10 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: DL Plat, WN A-List w/CP, UA Silver, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 583
A happy ending... Chase is giving me the bonus points and I received a call from their marketing contact confirming this! Flyertalk rocks!
EmoryFlyer is offline  
Old Jan 21, 12, 7:42 pm
  #9  
akp
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flyover Territory
Programs: Hilton Diamond
Posts: 685
Nice!

Originally Posted by SouthwestVerity View Post
Hi,
I'm sorry about the experience you had with our partner! Can you private message me your Rapid Rewards information? I'm going to look into this for you and see how we can fix it.

Thanks,
Verity
How impressive!

United Insider could learn a thing or two from this
akp is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: