No more receipt from kiosk

Old Jan 6, 12, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP; WN A-List; Hyatt Expl; MR/CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
No more receipt from kiosk

Since a couple of weeks there is no more option to print a receipt on the kiosks. Not sure if anyone else was using this feature but this is my preferred way to produce evidence of my payment. The electronic receipt lists use of TTF and my company wants to see the full trail and sometimes credit card receipt if I go that route. Way too much trouble for me. Now I have to go to the counter and ask for a print-out every flight.

Why did WN have to break a perfectly fine streamlined process for kiosk check-in (about a year ago) and make it convoluted, add unnecessary steps (why do I have to add my gender and birth date every time?), and add the misleading "upgrade" option (to first class?)?

Keep it simple please!
Old Jan 6, 12, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by robbert View Post
Since a couple of weeks there is no more option to print a receipt on the kiosks. Not sure if anyone else was using this feature but this is my preferred way to produce evidence of my payment. The electronic receipt lists use of TTF and my company wants to see the full trail and sometimes credit card receipt if I go that route. Way too much trouble for me. Now I have to go to the counter and ask for a print-out every flight.

Why did WN have to break a perfectly fine streamlined process for kiosk check-in (about a year ago) and make it convoluted, add unnecessary steps (why do I have to add my gender and birth date every time?), and add the misleading "upgrade" option (to first class?)?

Keep it simple please!
Not sure if this is a new feature, but you can print a receipt after your trip showing the total fare plus taxes, without the TTF details:
"You can retrieve information about a previously flown flight by logging into your account on southwest.com. Click on My Account and then visit the My Travel tab. You will see your Past Trips and can get the purchase details for your flight by clicking on the trip name. Simply print this page as your receipt. (You will only be able to see receipt information for flights flown after March 1, 2011. If you need to retrieve information about a trip flown prior to that date, please contact a Southwest Customer Representative at 1-800-435-9792 for assistance.)"
Old Jan 6, 12, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, that will suffice for me. But I'm still puzzled why they would take that feature out of the kiosk.
Old Jan 6, 12, 9:18 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
It has been my experience that people would just grab their BPs and forget about taking the receipt that printed afterwards. I've walked up to plenty of kiosks where I have found the previous passenger's receipt still sitting in the kiosk. I've also reminded folks in front of me to take their receipt before leaving the kiosk if I see them begin to walk away.
Old Jan 7, 12, 12:10 am

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
I've found BS free drink coupons left at kiosks a number of times in the past year, and did the rightful thing by turning them into the FA for a reward (drink).

Modern day equivalent of checking the payphone for quarters
Old Jan 7, 12, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by expert7700 View Post
I've found BS free drink coupons left at kiosks a number of times in the past year, and did the rightful thing by turning them into the FA for a reward (drink).

Modern day equivalent of checking the payphone for quarters
What's a payphone...and why would it involve quarters, when you could just slide your debit card???
Old Mar 12, 12, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
missing ability to print itinerary / receipt from the self-check in kiosks

One thing I noticed a few months ago was that the software upgrade to the check-in kiosks removed the ability to print itinerary / receipt.

I don't understand why this was done. It's quite annoying.

I print the boarding pass and receipt, and then submit the receipt for expenses. Why did SWA remove the option, and can it be brought back?
Old Mar 12, 12, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

I ran into the same problem. It's annoying. I prefer the printed receipts because it does not have the (ugly) payment trail that the email receipts have. Now I ask the gate agent for a printed receipt, waste of time for everyone.

Remember the fast and easy kiosk routine from 1 year ago? But no, they had to add the 'upgrade' option, make you go through several screens with nonsense and take away the one basic functionality that is actually useful. Great IT guys!
Old Mar 13, 12, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
Yes it's a major problem. I also do not like the online receipts that show "business select" detail.

Even though my travel warrants business select tickets (often last minute purchase, and can't enjoy the A-list priority boarding), I don't enjoy being asked by the expense person to justify the BS fare.

It was very dumb to remove this feature. I have to waste my time asking the counter clerk to print me a ticket, which can be a hassle if I'm running late, or if the counter's very busy.
Old Mar 13, 12, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

If you have the PNR they can pull it up at your arrival destination when you arrive but not on later days.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: