Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Booking companion pass tickets for next year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking companion pass tickets for next year?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tino
It is because RR2.0 is based on a calendar year, not a rolling 12-month period like your old Companion Pass. That's why I made a huge transfer of credits in January for a 2011/2012 Companion Pass.

You were lucky you received the extension as people who qualified in late 2010 were supposed to get shafted. To get a free year, I would have let a few of the credits for your current Comp Pass expire in Dec 2010 and then added enough credits (Diners Club, Starwood, AmEx, etc) in Jan 2011 to push you over the limit get a two-year pass. You would have gone a few weeks without a Companion Pass, but gained a whole year on the back end.
Might have worked except that I had qualified for my 2011 about October, long before I know about the transition rules and before any opportunity of gaming the system. I earned my on airfare and Chase only. No way to game the system.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
Actually, I was already a CP holder, but my expiration was in December of 2010. So, when I requalified it was just to the end of 2011. In October, my qualification was extended to the end of 2012. Does that make any sense at all? I wrote it and I hardly understand it.
It makes perfect sense! Well, in that it's consistent with all the problems WN has been having since (and before) the RR 2.0 transition. Some people encounter a certain problem while others with the exact same scenario don't.

Kind of like the points detail thread. According to WN, only certain RR members can't see their partner points.

<sigh>
Old Dec 20, 2011, 4:00 pm

Does anyone have a take on the following situation:
- Earned CP (1'st time) Feb 2011
- Got the extension through 12/12 at the RR2.0 transition - thank you WN
- Since, I have easily requalified for another CP for 2012 anyway.

I have used my three CP changes this year. Before making the final change I called WN and verified that I would have three additional changes for the 2012 calendar year. They stated that I would have three additional changes and that the designated companion listed at the end of 2011 would be the initial companion going into 2012. My questions:

After requalifying for the CP would I normally have been given the opportunity to designate my companion to start the 2012 year - on 1/1/2012?
This would effectively give me four changes, designation + three changes throughout 2012.

Or, is it the case that because the system recognizes my CP as a RR2.0 extension, the companion automatically rolls over to the new year?

If I can get the opportunity to redesignate my companion then it would be beneficial for me to tell WN, thank you for the extension offer but please give me the CP that I earned for 2012 instead!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.