Who here flys WN and uses Priority Pass Lounges?

Old Oct 31, 11, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Who here flys WN and uses Priority Pass Lounges?

I was wondering if I am the only one here who purposely books Southwest Airlines flights with a stopover at a US Airways Lounge destination(PHX,LAX) or other airports with Priority Pass lounges?

For instance on a 35 minute layover can I ask the flight attendant if I can run to the US Airways Lounge at LAX grab a beer eat some snacks and quickly run back to board the plane? I never missed a flight and would hate to waste my time on board. In return for saving my seat I will bring the flight attendant back cookies, trail mix in a cup etc.

I like going to the Terminal 4 Concourse B lounge in between WN flights at least I don't have to pay to go to the bar like that drunk passenger did on Airline at LAX and Yolanda had to deny him boarding. Yet another episode where a passenger had a sippy cup filled with 7Up and Vodka lol.
Old Oct 31, 11, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
I do like trying to schedule WN flights with a connection at BNA so I can use the skyclub there. The BNA SC has a staffed bar so no sippy cup to go You actually aren't suppose to remove any food or drinks but some biscoff usually find their way in my backpack, makes the 2nd part of my flight more bareable having those to munch on

Problem with priority pass, is I think US is the only domestic carrier that will let you use their lounge if you are flying on someone else. I know with Delta and American you can't use your Am Ex cards to access their lounge if you are flying on a competitor, which I am thankful for since the SC's are usually too crowded as it is.
Old Nov 1, 11, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Priority Pass does not care which airline

With PriorityPass I can be flying Lufthansa and use another airline lounge. It does not matter which airline you are flying on. This is why I like using it even if I am on Southwest I can pop into a US Airways lounge if they accept Priority Pass like at PHX Terminal 4 Concourse B.
Old Nov 1, 11, 12:16 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
With priority pass it doesn't matter what airline you are flying.
With Platinum Amex, US is the only lounge that allows for you to use their lounge even if flying on a different airline. AA, DL require you to fly on them to use their lounge.
Old Nov 1, 11, 2:24 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by danielonn View Post
For instance on a 35 minute layover can I ask the flight attendant if I can run to the US Airways Lounge at LAX grab a beer eat some snacks and quickly run back to board the plane?
I wouldn't, unless you parked at gate 2.
Old Nov 1, 11, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wish I could access the AS Boardroom when I flew WN out of SFO It would make those delays a LOT more bareable being so close to the WN gates.
Old Nov 1, 11, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gooseman13 View Post
With priority pass it doesn't matter what airline you are flying.
With Platinum Amex, US is the only lounge that allows for you to use their lounge even if flying on a different airline. AA, DL require you to fly on them to use their lounge.
That must have been the Am Ex I was thinking of, not Priority Pass. Isn't CO/UA dropping out of the priority pass program soon?

I am glad Delta requires Am Ex cardholders to be on Delta to use the SC. If they didn't the SC's would be even a bigger zoo than they are now once WN starts flying in there.
Old Nov 1, 11, 12:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I certainly use Admirals Club lounges (my membership does not require I be flying AA to access the Club) when I have a connection long enough to allow it. IMO it just makes good sense to use one's lounge privileges, regardless of which airline one is actually flying - as long as one has sufficient time to allow a visit without undue stress.
Old Nov 1, 11, 1:05 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
I wish I could access the AS Boardroom when I flew WN out of SFO It would make those delays a LOT more bareable being so close to the WN gates.
Um. You can (if you're an AS BR member, that is). I do it all the time.
Old Nov 1, 11, 1:13 pm

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
The US Club in PHX is too much of a hike from WN but I use the one in LAX.

...always a semi-awkward moment when the Lounge Saint asks me if I'm all set with my upgrade.
Old Nov 1, 11, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver, WN A-, AA LT Gold, IHG S/KIC, NCR EC
I had a thread on this topic a couple of years ago that should be around here someplace. It certainly needs updating, especially now that UACO isn't allowing financial services-generated Priority Pass members any more, such as those from an AMEX Platinum card.
Old Nov 1, 11, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tusphotog View Post
Um. You can (if you're an AS BR member, that is). I do it all the time.
Yeah but I am a SC member, so only have access to the BR if I am flying AS or DL that day. At least the SC is presecurity at SF if I get to the airport early and my flight is delayed Always nice to grab some biscoff for the long flight as well.
Old Nov 1, 11, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL PM + Reserve Card
Just got priority pass and I'm MVP on AS. Plan on using the SFO board room next time I'm flying WN out of terminal 1.
Old Nov 2, 11, 12:28 pm

This thread reminds me of PIT in the early 80's. USAir did not have their own lounge yet but there was an Eastern Ionosphere Club at the the top of the gate area. Booze was free and EAL didn't really have all that big a presence at Pittsburgh, so the indoor sport was to join the EAL lounge. I did and was tickled that they had USAir flight information monitors in the club.
Old Nov 2, 11, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I rarely connect on WN but when I do the connections are usually short - under an hour. I'd never really need an airline lounge.

Only time I really care about a lounge is outside the U.S. anyway. Maybe if I was transiting one of the big northern U.S. hubs prone to delays I'd join my primary airline's club. When I was flying AA through ORD every week years ago I briefly considered it but it was during the no-free-booze era so I figured any random O'Hare bar was basically the same thing as the AAdmiral's club. I was Plat, they had a Plat Service Desk right inside the club that you could use even if you didn't join the AC. (Besides, AA sent me 2-3 comp passes per year back then which I saved for severe irrops situations.)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: