Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Possibility of switching to earlier flight if checking in early?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibility of switching to earlier flight if checking in early?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Originally Posted by DKNYSprt95
Ahhhh, finally thought of a way to game the system. The flight is $40 a.i. when purchased in advance and close to $200 for a last min flight (if i miss it). I'll book two flights, no show one of them, and use the remaining as an open credit for a future flight. Problem solved
Well I ended up cancelling the second booking so I wasn't able to let everyone know whether they allow me to book two flights going the same direction. Anyways, LAX customs was very cooperative (for a change) and we checked in at Southwest 3 hrs before the flight. I didn't bother asking for an earlier flight though due to the numerous reports of not being successful.

All in all, it was a great deal... $40 AI to Vegas!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.