Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Family Boarding inbetween A29-A30

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Family Boarding inbetween A29-A30

So this was a first for me. On a flight today from SLC to PHX they boarded A-1 through A29. Then called for Family boarding, then A30 on. We were A 34, 40, 41. There must have been a lot of though passengers since the only row left was second to the back. Is this a new order to board?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 7:33 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by ljknecht570
So this was a first for me. On a flight today from SLC to PHX they boarded A-1 through A29. Then called for Family boarding, then A30 on. We were A 34, 40, 41. There must have been a lot of though passengers since the only row left was second to the back. Is this a new order to board?
My guess is the Operations Agent just screwed up. Family boarding is still between the A and B boarding groups.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 1:36 pm

family boarding with lots of thru passengers

i've seen this a few times, esp if there are 40+ through passengers, that family boarding can happen as early as after the pre boarders.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

There were a lot of throughs since we were at the back of the plane with A34. Just curious.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: swa
If I paid for early bird in this suituation and was in A31 to A60, I would be unhappy.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by smartyibm
If I paid for early bird in this suituation and was in A31 to A60, I would be unhappy.
Me, too! I think any EBCI boarding number that isn't an "A" is a ripoff. Southwest should limit the number sold to guarantee "A".
Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: United Silver
Originally Posted by GottaLuvCruising
Me, too! I think any EBCI boarding number that isn't an "A" is a ripoff. Southwest should limit the number sold to guarantee "A".
As I understand it, the problem with that is that they have no way of knowing how many A-Listers will be on the flight. Theoretically, even if they only sold one EBCI, they could potentially get a B card, if there are a ton of A-Listers.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

I think that this is hard situation! I certainly think since I checked in and got A34 I should be able to sit with my DH and my 9 year old DD. But I would also be upset if I had little kids and there were no seats left together. Then again, if I was in this situation, I would have checked in a T24 to ensure I would not have any problems.

The whole thing is screwed up!
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
If WN ever wanted to help gaurentee the ELCI people to A group, they could limit how many were sold. The revenue dept has the ability to track tendecies on flights. They could very easily do something do a formula like 60 A group BP's - 15 Bus Sel - # of A-Listers tipically on the flight = # of ELBI that can be sold for flight XYZ.

But, then again, they would be limiting something that has proven very profitable for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.