Wiki Posts
Search

Expiring LUV Vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Dividend Miles
Expiring LUV Vouchers

I have a LUV voucher for $482.40 (I'm not sure how they arrived at that number -- my girlfriend took a voluntary bump). It expires on 11/1/11, and I don't think we're going to be able to spend it. Does anyone know what our options are? Can I pay the $50 fee to extend the deadline? Can I resell it? Can I buy a ticket for someone else and have them pay me? If I buy a ticket for a weekend when I _might_ be able to travel and then cancel, what is the deadline on the resulting founds?

Thank you, oh all-knowing FlyerTalk.

-- Sal
smile.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by EverywhereHome
I have a LUV voucher for $482.40 (I'm not sure how they arrived at that number -- my girlfriend took a voluntary bump).
Value of the ticket she was flying on +$300. Don't know the answer to the rest, though I'm certain someone else can help you.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 1:07 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

AFAIK, nobody has ever posted about having a LUV voucher extended, so none of us know the answer.

You can of course simply book a dummy reservation with the voucher, cancel the reservation, then have the TTF converted to a new LUV voucher (for a $50 fee). The fee is per ticket, so don't book eight $60 tickets, book one $480 ticket.

You might also want to fire off a PM to one of the WN CSRs now working with FT members to ask whether they can help you avoid the dummy booking step.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:04 pm
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: SWA Customer Relations
Originally Posted by EverywhereHome
I have a LUV voucher for $482.40 (I'm not sure how they arrived at that number -- my girlfriend took a voluntary bump). It expires on 11/1/11, and I don't think we're going to be able to spend it. Does anyone know what our options are? Can I pay the $50 fee to extend the deadline? Can I resell it? Can I buy a ticket for someone else and have them pay me? If I buy a ticket for a weekend when I _might_ be able to travel and then cancel, what is the deadline on the resulting founds?

Thank you, oh all-knowing FlyerTalk.

-- Sal
smile.
feel free to PM me and I'll see if the voucher can be reissued (extended)

-Gabe
Old Apr 1, 2012, 5:11 am

Expiring LUV Voucher $480.40

Hey everyone,
Last year, I got this voucher from southwest for giving up my ticket. I have Southwest Luv Voucher has balance of $480.40 which can be used for any flight. I contacted southwest and asked them if it is transferable or if I can sell it and they said its ok, basically this is like gift card so you just put the number and redeem it.It expires on April 23,2012 but can be extended for $75.

After reading on here I am confused because southwest voucher says non transferable, rep says its ok, and people here say its not transferable.

I also read somewhere about booking dummy flight and cancelling it.

I won't be able to travel until July so I would Hate to see this go to waste. I am thinking about selling it on craigslist.

Any info is appreciated.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 9:12 am

Possible to reinstate expired voucher?

I know that one can reinstate the Ticketless Travel Fund for $75. How about the 16-digit voucher? Any possibility to reinstate it even with some fee? TIA!
Old Jun 28, 2014, 10:41 am

Hello all,

I just wanted to see if anyone knows if you can still book a dummy flight for an expiring LUV voucher. I have a LUV voucher that was given to me that expires the end of June 2014 and I need to travel the first week of July. Is it possible to book a dummy flight for June, cancel it, and then receive tiketless funds for the amount of the flight? Any advice would be great!
Old Jun 28, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
You were never able to do that. When you book the dummy flight and cancel it, the funds will expire when the voucher would have. Always been that way.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Probably too late now, but shoulda threw it on eBay and got 85-92 percent on yer funds back....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.