Peanut Allergy PreBoard?

Old Jul 19, 11, 1:14 am

Programs: WN CP/AL, UA 1P, PC Plat, AA, DL, US, AK, HH, MR, OH, LQ, RD (thanks GSA City-Pair Prog/DTS)
Originally Posted by ftnoob View Post
Not to mention the dry-roasted peanuts are the only wheat-free snack option I've ever seen on a WN flight. Gluten sensitivity is exploding. Gluten-free / wheat-free may be the fastest growing special diet trend.

Trouble is, the honey-roasted peanuts from King nut do have wheat starch on the ingredient list, so wheat-free diet folks only have a snack option on WN every other year. I have checked labels in grocery stores and found that other brands of honey-roasted nuts use non-wheat starches (e.g., potato starch).
Unless you are my DW, who has not only a gluten allergy, but also corn and peanut allergies. It is amazing how many gluten-free products use corn as the substitute ingredient.
Old Jul 26, 11, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by texashoser View Post
My daughter has a peanut allergy and the incidence of children with peanut allergies is only increasing. While I agree WN can't stop folks from bringing on their own peanut products, have you thought about eliminating peanuts from your snack menu? I realize it's a tradition and that many folks like them, but there are many other snack choices other than peanuts and to me it sounds a bit silly to have policies such as allowing folks to pre-board to clean up peanut residue or to suspend in-flight peanut service if a pax submits the proper documentation.
I'm allergic to all snacks except for peanuts. What are you gonna do now?
Old Jul 26, 11, 12:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
I'm allergic to all snacks except for peanuts. What are you gonna do now?
Refer you to Spirit Airlines.
Old Jul 27, 11, 6:55 pm

on an episode of Airline, a family had a child with severe peanut allergies. The gate agent had the bulkhead row and row behind it thoroughly vacuumed and wiped down and then preboarded that family. They then offered them pretzels but the family declined since they said those were packaged in a facility that also packages peanuts.
Old Jul 27, 11, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's WN, the high-fare airline which flies from invonvenient airports and makes stupid rules. What's so weird here?
Old Jul 27, 11, 9:34 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
It's WN, the high-fare airline which flies from invonvenient airports and makes stupid rules. What's so weird here?
It's about the passengers who complain about the inconvenient airports and stupid rules, not the airline. Not so weird either though.
Old Jul 29, 11, 11:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, AA, UA, WN, E+ Gold
i was on a WN flight about a year ago munching on trail mix i had purchased prior to boarding. i was approached by the FA and told a pax was on board w/peanut allergy and was asked to put my trail mix away.

Search this Thread