Questions about a Recent Flight

Old Jul 13, 11, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aadvantage, Marriott, Starwood, Southwest
Questions about a Recent Flight

I flew WN 1965 on July 3 between BDL and BWI. I had EB and A23 ... and there were only 6 or 7 people ahead of me and no preboards. Flight arrived from FLL at BDL ... we boarded ... and lo and behold there had to be about 20+ people already on the plane. I eventually asked the cabin attendant what was up ... she said there were through passengers from Albany. I eventually checked the flight history and the plane didn't go to Albany on its way to BDL. Can any one tell me what happened? It was a full-to-the-gills flight, and I got an aisle seat ... but the exit rows were filled w/through passengers. I was just wondering what happened? It's idle curiosity!!! This is not a complaint because my flight was fine ... and my subsequent flight to RSW was fine too.
Old Jul 13, 11, 1:03 pm

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, Delta Skymiles
I'm guessing the FA just misspoke when she said Albany - they travel so much I can see where it would be easy to forget where you'd been that day.

As for the through passengers, I guess I'm confused about what you are asking. Unless you are on the first flight of the day there's a good chance there will be through passengers already on the plane when you board.
Old Jul 13, 11, 3:20 pm

Programs: sw
Flight #1965 goes from FLL to BDL to BWI to CLE to LAS.

as much as a routing of FLL to BWI through BDL then transferring to ALB is strange.... ive seem much stranger routing before.
Old Jul 15, 11, 12:34 pm
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
Originally Posted by grain View Post
Flight #1965 goes from FLL to BDL to BWI to CLE to LAS.

as much as a routing of FLL to BWI through BDL then transferring to ALB is strange.... ive seem much stranger routing before.
I think the FA misspoke. I checked our records. The flight did come from FLL, and although I don't know the through passenger count, there were 50 bags loaded in FLL for BWI, so 20 through passengers sounds about right.

Search this Thread