Community
Wiki Posts
Search

list of WN website bugs/issues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by CavePearl
Well I can't get it to go away, and I've been trying since yesterday. I've been hoping it will get fixed like most of the other glitches. They usually don't hang around too long.

This is the first time I've had trouble booking a CP. I guess I'll have to call CS. To quote my old hippie husband... what a bummer.
Check to be sure your credit card info is current. Expiration date, especially.

I have had more problems with the credit card collecting the $5 or $2.50 than anything else on the companion pass bookings.

And.....I book at least 35 CPs a year.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, IHG Status-of-the-Day, Avis First. **Freedom fighter: One grope at a time.**
Originally Posted by dlaue
Check to be sure your credit card info is current. Expiration date, especially.

I have had more problems with the credit card collecting the $5 or $2.50 than anything else on the companion pass bookings.

And.....I book at least 35 CPs a year.
It's the same card I had just used to book four flights and for all my purchases. The credit card isn't the problem.

Have you booked a CP today or yesterday on an existing flight? Did yours work?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by CavePearl
It's the same card I had just used to book four flights and for all my purchases. The credit card isn't the problem.

Have you booked a CP today or yesterday on an existing flight? Did yours work?
No. I am in Otavalo, Ecuador, for a month and WN does not fly here.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:23 pm

This can't possibly be just me - because I've been seeing this error for many months, and on different computers, and on different network connections. Every other two or three times I try booking a trip (with points), at the final submit screen, I get this error. I go back and re-enter the notification type, credit card, etc. and submit again and still get it. However this last time, I complained to southwest, then went back and it worked (maybe it's a session thing). Please tell me it's not just me...

ERROR:
We are currently unable to complete your request due to an undefined error. If this is the first time you have seen this message, please go back and try again. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).
Reference code: SW9999992-AAAA-uBTXhQd-Q9e1C7lnVHW8wg Occurred on: 07/22/2012 13:15:55
Old Jul 22, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by braddqq

This can't possibly be just me - Please tell me it's not just me...

ERROR:
We are currently unable to complete your request due to an undefined error. If this is the first time you have seen this message, please go back and try again. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).
Reference code: SW9999992-AAAA-uBTXhQd-Q9e1C7lnVHW8wg Occurred on: 07/22/2012 13:15:55
It's not just you.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: Various
Geez....how long do I have to sit here and wait for the website to fully load from the home page? Sometimes 3-5 minutes. Using Firefox and Safari for Mac.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Robt760
Geez....how long do I have to sit here and wait for the website to fully load from the home page? Sometimes 3-5 minutes. Using Firefox and Safari for Mac.
Something is wrong on your end.

WN loads in < 15 seconds here in remote Ecuador.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 2:26 pm

Here we go again.

Tried to get boarding passes at T-24hrs for my companion and a niece. The general boarding pass link only yielded a "woops" message. Strangely, it had a link about customers with "multiple bookings in error." This link yielded this message:

"The overwhelming response from Customers who took advantage of our August 3 limited-time offer that we launched to celebrate three million Fans on Facebook created website performance issues at various times during the day. We realize that some Customers were charged more than once for the same reservation and we want to assure you that we have all hands on deck actively working to process refunds for any duplicate charges.

Here is a status of those efforts:

First, we want you to know that we are working to identify duplicate bookings and charges and are proactively cancelling those additional reservations, processing refunds to the Customer. In order to process the refunds as quickly as possible, we have called in additional staff support.
For those Customers who used debit cards and have received overdraft fees as a result of the additional charges, we will process a reimbursement for all overdraft fees that were caused by duplicate charges from Southwest for a single purchase. If you incurred overdraft fees, please fax documentation of those fees via a letter from your bank or a copy of your account showing the fees to 877-506-0154.
Southwest Airlines is committed to providing our Customers with exceptional service both online and onboard. It is our goal to rectify this issue as quickly as possible and minimize any inconvenience to you our valued Customers."

Obviously, this had nothing to do with a broken boarding pass issuance system.

Still, I was unable to get boarding passes until I logged into my account and used the boarding pass links connected to the reservations.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by dlaue
Strangely, it had a link about customers with "multiple bookings in error." This link yielded this message: "The overwhelming response from Customers who took advantage of our August 3 limited-time offer that we launched to celebrate three million Fans on Facebook created website performance issues at various times during the day. We realize that some Customers were charged more than once for the same reservation and we want to assure you that we have all hands on deck actively working to process refunds for any duplicate charges.
OH, so that's what happened to me on Friday!

I was trying to book my outbound ticket for Monday, and it kept "OOPS"ing when I hit the "Pay Now" button, so I kept trying ... then the flight I'd first wanted got sold out, so I moved to the next one, and tried to book that one several times. Finally, I'd called the A+ line to try and book it, and that's when I'd found out I'd made some 12 bookings (which is why my first flight sold out).

They cleared it all up, but what's funny is later on that night (and much later than a normal confirmation would show up), the confirmation E-mails started flowing in:
Code:
+  N   36014 Friday    Southwest Airlines              (100K) Southwest Airlines Confirmation-CRUDUP/KENNETH R-Confirmat
+      36015 Friday    Southwest Airlines            (99,968) Southwest Airlines Confirmation-CRUDUP/KENNETH R-Confirmat
+  N   36017 Friday    Southwest Airlines              (100K) Southwest Airlines Confirmation-CRUDUP/KENNETH R-Confirmat
+  N   36018 Friday    Southwest Airlines            (99,886) Southwest Airlines Confirmation-CRUDUP/KENNETH R-Confirmat
+  N   36019 Friday    Southwest Airlines              (100K) Southwest Airlines Confirmation-CRUDUP/KENNETH R-Confirmat
+  N   36022 Friday    Southwest Airlines            (99,902) Southwest Airlines Confirmation-CRUDUP/KENNETH R-Confirmat
+      36023 Friday    Southwest Airlines            (99,943) Southwest Airlines Confirmation-CRUDUP/KENNETH R-Confirmat
+  N   36027 Friday    Southwest Airlines            (99,943) Southwest Airlines Confirmation-CRUDUP/KENNETH R-Confirmat
+  N   36028 Friday    Southwest Airlines              (100K) Southwest Airlines Confirmation-CRUDUP/KENNETH R-Confirmat
+  N   36029 Yesterday Southwest Airlines            (99,942) Southwest Airlines Confirmation-CRUDUP/KENNETH R-Confirmat
+  N   36034 Yesterday Southwest Airlines            (99,983) Southwest Airlines Confirmation-CRUDUP/KENNETH R-Confirmat
+  N   36039 Yesterday Southwest Airlines              (100K) Southwest Airlines Confirmation-CRUDUP/KENNETH R-Confirmat
The A+ line sorted it all out, but yeah, the WN website needs some work.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:00 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Points and $ fare updates loaded at different times?

I lucked in to seeing a fare booked with points drop by 600 points. (The account had a zero points balance and may never benefit from the drop, but why not make the change?) Completed the change, checked points detail and saw the account had been charged only 300 points fewer than the original cost. Immediately called SWA and was told I apparently caught a midnight PDT fare change in progress. That seemed a bit odd, as it happened about 00:40 PDT. Fortunately, the SWA agent was able to adjust the points price to the amount quoted. ^

Looking at the fare quote page afterwards, I noticed that attempting to book the $114 ($99++) cash fare resulted in an "OOPS we are unable to secure the price..." message, but attempting to book the equivalent points fare resulted in no such message.

Customer-friendly bugs are zapped pretty quickly, so this won't last long, but if you find you are a bit late booking a great sale fare, try booking it in points and calling for a price adjustment when you are charged too many points.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:26 am

So what does it say about my level of FT addiction that I immediately spent 15-20 minutes on the post above...and only realized after finishing it that I had another booked passenger on the same flight, using points from an account that could actually benefit from the price reduction?

I went through the process again, phoned SWA again, and again (this time at about 1:15 PDT) the agent was able to adjust the amount of points charged. ^

An additional complication on this rebooking was that the points came from Mrs. ftnoob's account and the passenger was Mama ftnoob. To access the itinerary online to change it (without copy & paste from the Email confirmation) one has to log in to the passenger's account. When going through the change process, however, the change is refused at the last step due to not being logged in to the points-owner's account. A log in hot link is offered, but (of course) it doesn't redirect to a continuation of the change process.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:17 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Every single time I try to log on to the in-flight Wifi the first response screen is the infamous MasterSessionTimeout.html. Why? Probably because I keep one southwest.com tab open in my browser.

This is nonsense. If the session has expired, renew it already! The wifi is already slow enough without the extra 2 page loads required to report and clear an internal error that the user never should have seen in the first place. On a 55-minute flight every page load counts. I typically only get 10 or 12 page loads done before the warning chime tells me I have to shut down.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nsx
Every single time I try to log on to the in-flight Wifi the first response screen is the infamous MasterSessionTimeout.html. Why? Probably because I keep one southwest.com tab open in my browser.

This is nonsense. If the session has expired, renew it already! The wifi is already slow enough without the extra 2 page loads required to report and clear an internal error that the user never should have seen in the first place. On a 55-minute flight every page load counts. I typically only get 10 or 12 page loads done before the warning chime tells me I have to shut down.
^^

Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by nsx
Close, but not quite: you'd have the same issue if you closed the SWA tab(s) first, because your session variable is stored in a cookie. If you delete the SWA cookies you can safely load session-aware pages without triggering the redirect to the session timeout page. It takes too many steps to manually delete cookies for a specific site, so an automated method is recommended.

I installed the Firefox extension Remove Cookies for Site to do this and it worked well at first. Then I started getting master session timeouts even after using the Add On. After lots of aggravation with that I finally tracked down the problem: SWA started storing the DISC cookie (and at least one more) in a bizarre (probably erroneous) format that the add-on doesn't detect.

There is a bookmarklet available that does the job completely; see http://cybernetnews.com/cybernotes-t...-your-browser/ (look for "Remove site’s cookies" about 1/3 of the way down the page). To install, simply drag the link to your bookmarks toolbar or menu. You have to train yourself to use the bookmarklet on an open SWA tab before loading a new one, however. I tend to delete SWA cookies as soon as I'm done (however briefly) with the site.

For me, the fact that the master session timeout issue has been so bad for so long is pretty solid evidence that there are no actual users of southwest.com who have any input at all into its development. It makes for an atrocious user experience. It also makes the developers look especially idiotic when you get a master session timeout because you clicked the logout link!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
In the last week I have changed 5 different flights. Every change generated a minimum of 2 and in one case 4 email confirmations of the change.

First time it happened, I thought Southwest had double booked me and I kept a watch on my credit card - but that didn't happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.