Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Peanut Gallery Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2020, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I don't spend all my time in the Bay Area, dude- in fact, since all this BS started I've been away from home more than I've been home.

NOBODY I've talked to in those 4 States wants more of this, and seriously the only person I've even "talked to" of that even KNOWS someone with CV is someone on FT.

I just did 3 segments in 24 hours and each segment had ~95% pax loads on the available seats, some ~210 people. The world is a much bigger place than FT and its resident Cassandras.
​​​​​​You keep using that word Cassandra. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

In general use of the term, Cassandra's warnings, which went unheeded, proved to be correct.
Old May 16, 2020, 6:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
It's a free country- if you want to hide under the bed from the CV bogeyman, that's your right.

Just leave the rest of us alone so we can get on with our lives.
Old May 16, 2020, 6:15 pm

It's a free country- if you want to hide under the bed from the CV bogeyman, that's your right.

Just leave the rest of us alone so we can get on with our lives.
I'd have no problem with that if living your life didn't involve spreading around a virus that kills the more vulnerable of our population.

Especially when you won't even bother to take the most minor of precautions.
Old May 16, 2020, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
​​​​​​You keep using that word Cassandra. I do not think that word means what you think it means.
"Unheeded prophet of doom". Close enough.

[her] warnings which went unheeded, proved to be correct.
And I remember "TWO MILLION DEAD AMERICANS!". Not quite, huh?
Old May 16, 2020, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
I'd have no problem with that if living your life didn't involve spreading around a virus that kills the more vulnerable of our population
QUARANTINE THE VULNERABLE. Leave the rest of us alone.
​​​
Old May 17, 2020, 1:22 am

"Unheeded prophet of doom". Close enough.
Not close enough. There's lots of prophets of doom, but unlike Cassandra they are usually high. Try this: "Cassandra was actually right and everybody died."

Sort of like, "Noah was right, and everybody who didn't get on the ark drowned."

BTW I appreciate your honest description of the flights you were on, and I'm not being sarcastic. That's why I was reading this board.
Old May 17, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
You just can't wrap your head around the fact that people are OVER this crap, and WN knows that too, so it's an honor system with regards to masking.

​​(I'm loath to say this as I'd already mentioned which flights I'd taken in other threads and don't get anyone In trouble, but guess where the most of the seated FAs masks were when I'd walk by them on the way to the lav?)
I suppose you also refuse to put your phone in airplane mode because, of course, you know better than the FAA.
Old May 17, 2020, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by lougord99
I suppose you also refuse to put your phone in airplane mode because, of course, you know better than the FAA.
Poor example.

We know phones have been left on millions and millions of times (intentional or not) and planes have not been falling out of the sky... so.....
Old May 17, 2020, 8:46 am

Wow, I just realized you can 'ignore' a FT user. Makes these threads a bit more tolerable.
Old May 17, 2020, 9:01 am

I think WN has snookered the other three airlines. They are flying more planes, more passengers to more locations than the other three, possibly combined. And with no exposure to International Travel they would be the last of the four to belly up which I do not think will happen.
Old May 17, 2020, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Franklin7777
Wow, I just realized you can 'ignore' a FT user. Makes these threads a bit more tolerable.
So - wondering who got ignored.... maybe me?

Anyways, I have turned off a few along the way myself.
Old May 17, 2020, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
So - wondering who got ignored.... maybe me?

Anyways, I have turned off a few along the way myself.
Nope, not you
Old May 17, 2020, 2:21 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
QUARANTINE THE VULNERABLE. Leave the rest of us alone.
​​​
Which is rather like saying 'I want to drive drunk and if anyone else doesn't like it they should stay off the streets'
ursine1 likes this.
Old May 18, 2020, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Which is rather like saying 'I want to drive drunk and if anyone else doesn't like it they should stay off the streets'
Bad example. You don't have to drive drunk in order to live a normal life.
steved5480 likes this.
Old May 18, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Close..... I would think that someone that does not GAS might just fart instead. Seems logical.

(by the way, if you do not know what GAS stands for and are thinking of asking here - let me introduce you to Google)
Yeah, that helped. Couldn't be an easier word/acronym to narrow down.

I'm going to go with "Great American Smokeout" and move on.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.