Wiki Posts
Search

Official Peanut Gallery Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by joshua362
She won't be back...
She is an idiot.
Unfortunately she did not follow the advice for infrequent fliers to show up early to the airport
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:42 am

The real question is why people like her are allowed to create a thread for their first posting. This thread has absolutely no value. And most of the first-post=new thread are the same.
But I guess it drives traffic to FT so the owners are happy
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Why are there so many FIRST POSTS that go sideways like this?

And, they never come back.

Not really worth any more time.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:55 am

And it is obvious it was OP's fault. With all the people who fly WN on FT have you ever heard of even one whose mobile BP did not scan by TSA? We know you can change your flight and your BP is still valid. So obviously OP had no boarding pass.
Now here might be a selling point for Delta, who automatically checks you in on the app ...
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by s0ssos
And it is obvious it was OP's fault. With all the people who fly WN on FT have you ever heard of even one whose mobile BP did not scan by TSA? We know you can change your flight and your BP is still valid. So obviously OP had no boarding pass.
Now here might be a selling point for Delta, who automatically checks you in on the app ...
I do not think she had a boarding pass. The first hickup was at TSA checkpoint when "something" would not scan. Going to guess it was NOT a BP. And, I am guessing when she went to the counter she asked for a ticket (not a BP) which might have resulted in the agent asking "what do you want".

And, the OP failed again by not dealing with issue right there vs. "didn't want to waste time arguing with her, just wanted to get past TSA and have the gate print me my correct ticket".

Why she thought the gate could do a better job printing ticket vs the counter... well...
Old Feb 24, 2020, 2:22 pm

My home printed BPs stopped scanning after I switched to third party Canon ink..TSA politely gave me the option of forgoing pre check or getting my BP reprinted. I tried my "bad" BP at the gate. It didnt scan there either.
I suspect OP didnt have a BP
Old Feb 24, 2020, 2:29 pm

From what OP stated, sounds like she presented the incorrect paperwork at TSA, not a boarding pass. So, probably wasn't even checked in. By the time she went to counter, it was too late to get a boarding pass or even check in. Hard to know what happened since OP hasn't been back to explain. Guess she is done ranting.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 2:34 pm

Nothing to see here folks.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:48 pm

Can we just close this thread since we know OP won't ever be back? Really tired of these drive by postings.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by camaross
Can we just close this thread since we know OP won't ever be back? Really tired of these drive by postings.
I agree that the OP most probably will never be back. The number of first time posters that just HIT and RUN is amazing. And not just here.

Maybe require a first time poster to agree to something like: "This is my first post. Before moving forward I agree to check back with 24 hours to this post"... or something like that.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:22 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
This entire thread is a perfect fit to the Peanut Gallery, so please continue the discussion there.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by nsx
This entire thread is a perfect fit to the Peanut Gallery, so please continue the discussion there.
Since WN no longer serves nuts, should this be called the Official Pretzel Gallery Thread :-/
Old Feb 25, 2020, 6:25 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Now OP is offended and reposted a new thread with the same post.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 6:31 am

Finally, someone understands
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:41 am

Putting myself in the PG thread, as I mostly just want a place to rant:

On Tuesday, I booked a cheap hotel for Wednesday night through the Southwest booking.com portal, and paid a little extra for some extra points. My Wednesday ran a bit late, so I called the hotel at about 10p to assure them that I was still coming and would be there by midnight. Unfortunately, they were already sold out and overbooked, and told me to call my booking agency. So I did.

It was after 1a when I finally got into a hotel room. At one point, they wanted me to go to the cheapest hotel they offered in the area, the Scottish Inn in downtown Jacksonville, but (fortunately?) that was the third replacement hotel they ended up being unable to book me into. After three hours, they confirmed availability at a Red Roof Plus, but I was going to need to wait for them to arrange payment.

No, I wasn't. Since it wasn't sorted by the time I arrived, I gave the hotel my credit card and said they could charge me if booking.com didn't come through. Hopefully that all works out - and hopefully I get my Southwest points!

To top it off, my appointment this morning was canceled. I didn't need to be in Jacksonville today after all. I'm still astounded that it took them more than three hours to book me a hotel room . Isn't that what they do all day long , instantly??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.