Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Peanut Gallery Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2022, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Bump of a 14 year old thread. Impressive.
Yea,.... and how many of us were stupid enough to read through many of the posts before realizing how old it was...... #%Y#^*$%^*
Old May 3, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Yea,.... and how many of us were stupid enough to read through many of the posts before realizing how old it was...... #%Y#^*$%^*
Raises hand.
Old May 3, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
on here I’m used to the long running threads so I pay attention to when it was started. Others I’ve seen moved to a dormant thread,

on other message boards on web I go on I have to pay closer attention…especially ones that are around the same time but yrs old.
Old May 4, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by storewanderer
It is nice to have a choice what to do.
+1. Let those who want to do so, but leave the rest of us alone.
m907 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:36 am

Oh, FFS- if your fat assh is too wide to walk down an aisle w/o either having to turn sideways or bump the sides of everyone in your wake, perhaps being an FA isn't the best career choice?! 😡

I get that it's no longer the days of CO's "We really move our tails for you" and not everyone is a size 6, but there's got to be a line drawn somewhere! I know filling jobs is hard nowadays, but I've been seeing a lot of this more and more recently, and all size-ist-ing aside I'm thinking about the safety aspect here- were we to have an on-board incident, either these ladies (c'mon, let's be real, it's mostly women this size) would likely be physically incapable of assisting, especially in a hurry, or worse yet, have everyone behind them trapped downstream if they got wedged in.

(... I saved NSX the inevitable trouble and self-PGed )
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:54 pm

(A little language)
joshua362 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Sounds sane enough to me ... I can't imagine how she prevailed in court?!
The "highly offensive" posts were objecting to her union dues paying to send union officials to a pro-abortion march. 50% of the population would agree with her "highly offensive" posts.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Serious question: why does a flight attendant union take official, sanctioned political positions on issues that aren't directly related to the aviation industry or organized labor?

(I'm fairly pro-choice but I don't get why this union would pay to send people to this particular event.)

Is this common for unions? I know they endorse candidates and support or oppose legislation through lobbying efforts in areas that effect their members, but a march about the abortion issue (regardless of which side they take) seems to be well out of their lane.
joshua362 and m907 like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
Serious question: why does a flight attendant union take official, sanctioned political positions on issues that aren't directly related to the aviation industry or organized labor?
Virtue signaling. (Imagine if the politics were reversed, too.)
m907 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by pinniped

(I'm fairly pro-choice but I don't get why this union would pay to send people to this particular event.)

Is this common for unions? I know they endorse candidates and support or oppose legislation through lobbying efforts in areas that effect their members, but a march about the abortion issue (regardless of which side they take) seems to be well out of their lane.
Abortion (women's health care) is directly related to organized labor and the aviation industry IMO. I can see why flight attendants might not want to be forced against their will to have a children she don't want, especially when their health might be dramatically affected by the pregnancy. Seems like a reasonable thing for a union to be interested in.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Abortion (women's health care) is directly related to organized labor and the aviation industry IMO. I can see why flight attendants might not want to be forced against their will to have a children she don't want, especially when their health might be dramatically affected by the pregnancy. Seems like a reasonable thing for a union to be interested in.
Right, why would a union demand that companies support working mothers with maternity leave, paid time off, health care, and flexible schedules? Much cheaper to kill the child and keep costs down.
Kevin AA likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by m907
Right, why would a union demand that companies support working mothers with maternity leave, paid time off, health care, and flexible schedules? Much cheaper to kill the child and keep costs down.
How about just supporting women who want to work? Or choose for themselves what they want to do rather than have you decide for them?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
How about just supporting women who want to work? Or choose for themselves what they want to do rather than have you decide for them?
Mothers are a burden to corporations because they put their children above the company and when they leave, they shrink the labor pool and increase employee pay. That's why big corporations support abortion - it's cheaper.
Kevin AA likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: AS, WN, UA
From Twitter: Sticker on pilot luggage...

No sure I have a strong opinion on this, but it's making the rounds on Twitter. Thoughts? I thought I remembered an earlier news story with a pilot who said "Let's Go Brandon" or something like that over the PA... I wonder if it's the same pilot.

Personally I would rather my pilots not maybe insult people with their bumper stickers but 🤷🏻‍♀️. Apologies if this was already hashed over, wondering about thoughts!

Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, WN, Hyatt, HHonors, Avis Pref+
I've recently wondered if people would be offended if someone had a sticker with the Long Beach IATA code on their bag. Or an acronym of the slogan of the St. Louis NHL team.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.