Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Peanut Gallery Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2021, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
It's Florida; I keep mine in my pocket and will put it on if asked but that's been ~25% of the time.

... until the customer complaints start rolling in. It's clear from talking to people in/from places all over the country that most people aren't Covisterical.
Really good for you (no snark from me). CA will eventually open up, but maybe you'll end up liking FL better (less taxes for one) and stay there. I'm in no-mask TX, and am vaccinated, so it's such a free feeling - even when wearing a mask in businesses that require them.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Fauci says wear two masks.

Always listen to Fauci. He is the only scientist in the US.
m907 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 7:18 am

How is this entire discussion not already moved to the Peanut Gallery?
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Fauci says wear two masks.

Always listen to Fauci. He is the only scientist in the US.
Lord Protector Fauci, masks be upon him, is the only path to salvation.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 4:42 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by m907
masks be upon him
Thanks for the morning grin.
m907 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Eh ... while I'm here ... I was surprised at the wide availability of the various vaccines so quickly; I was never an anti-vaxer, but my take on it was I'd wait until all the old and/or vulnerables had theirs first and seeing how I've had CV at least once (and I swear twice, based on how I'd felt back in May) and both times I'd come home from "It's 2019 here!" Florida I'd get a PCR that's come up negative both times I'd just put myself at the end of the line and get it in the Summertime, but it's been such a painless process ("There's an app for that") I just had Pfizer #1 a couple of days ago in the OC.

I'm done with my (long) stays in FL and apparently could have gotten the shots there, but I wasn't sure (and didn't research) if I had to get #2 from the same place I'd gotten #1. Right when FL went wide for 50+ they pulled the J&J hit-it-and-quit-it, which would have been perfect.

Now I'm just biding my time as I wait for the hysteria to die down. Nearly all the tri-State area snowbirds at my FL hotel I'd spoken to (most of them 65+) had at least #1 (which was reflected in the increased occupancy rates right around Passover/Easter) and those two long-term stays coupled with a Marriott 2x bonus net me some ~400K MRs (on top of the s'load I'd had before) and Ambassador status and I have an a'load of AX points (not to mention RRs!) that are now burning a hole in my pocket and I want to go somewhere (but it's never been about my reticence, so ... :| )
Old Apr 29, 2021, 4:28 pm

Again, how is that entire thread not moved?
Old May 16, 2021, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And now, with the news of a couple days ago, the potential of this question on airplanes is to be dwarfed by the potential of this question in normal life, now the there's the confusing guidance of the CDC that fully vaccinated people can go maskless in many situations, but of you can't tell who's really fully vaccinated and who has simply decided not to wear a mask, if you see someone around you not wearing a mask.

Anyone who considering asking on an airplane: Are you going ask all of those maskless people now??

So it goes back to this: If you're concerned, whether on an airplane or anywhere else, wear a KN95 mask which protects you, and then you're not depending on the protection being done by everyone else around you. That's going to be the only solution (besides being fully vaccinated and trusting that vaccination) going forward in more and more places in very short order.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Or stay at home. Once I am fully vaccinated I don't care whether people go maskless or not. You can wear a hazmat suit for all I care. Or stay at home.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 8:40 pm

The best way to find out if someone is vaccinated is to ask them who won the 2020 election :-)
Old May 17, 2021, 1:17 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
No way. That is between the person and the person's physician and nobody else's business.
Old May 17, 2021, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
And now, with the news of a couple days ago, the potential of this question on airplanes is to be dwarfed by the potential of this question in normal life, now the there's the confusing guidance of the CDC that fully vaccinated people can go maskless in many situations, but of you can't tell who's really fully vaccinated and who has simply decided not to wear a mask, if you see someone around you not wearing a mask.

Anyone who considering asking on an airplane: Are you going ask all of those maskless people now??

So it goes back to this: If you're concerned, whether on an airplane or anywhere else, wear a KN95 mask which protects you, and then you're not depending on the protection being done by everyone else around you. That's going to be the only solution (besides being fully vaccinated and trusting that vaccination) going forward in more and more places in very short order.
A KN95 won't protect you or anybody else, but if it makes people feel better, people can make their own choices.
Old May 17, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by sdsearch
If you're concerned, whether on an airplane or anywhere else, wear a KN95 mask which protects you, and then you're not depending on the protection being done by everyone else around you.
Totally agree, something I've been saying for months.

Getting Pfizer #2 tomorrow- then I'll be laminating a scaled-to-wallet-sized copy of my card with the front of my DL inlaid on the back (and looking for a shop to make up a "FYIFV" button )
Old May 17, 2021, 3:41 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Love it! Thanks for the laugh. Surprised the jargon didn't make its way into a Silicon Valley episode somewhere!
Old May 18, 2021, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by m907
A KN95 won't protect you or anybody else, but if it makes people feel better, people can make their own choices.
Care to let us know why ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.