Wiki Posts
Search

Drink Coupons

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Drink Coupons

Who gets drink coupons free? I have two free flights. I though sw was supposed to send free drink coupons with each free flight. also do they sell the books anymore at airports
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

They stopled selling books a while back. Under the new RR they send books out after every 10th flight.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I earned the free flights after the new program started but using old credits. should they have mailed them?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 1:08 pm

I don't think they are mailing them out after converted awards using credits and points. At least we haven't received any after we used points to create an award about ten days ago. Under 2.0 you're supposed to get coupons after five round trips.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: WN: A+, CP National: Exec. Elite. Choice hotels: Platinum Priority Club: Platinum
Has anyone received drink coupons for 10 flights yet?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Bigez747
Has anyone received drink coupons for 10 flights yet?
The fifth RT I flew on WN post RR2.0 conversion was April 6th. I also converted 600 points into a SA on April 7, so if they are indeed still sending drink tickets when you convert points into an SA, it's only been a week (and a week since I flew that 5th RT).

So, the answer is no, but hardly enough time has gone by to say there is a problem.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 4:22 pm

FYI, I called in to check and was told that yes, 1) you get drink coupons mailed to you after 5 RT's and yes 2) you will get mailed a book of coupons when you convert points into a SA. It takes 2-3 weeks.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 8:44 pm

Programs: WN RR (Informed Kettle)
Originally Posted by texashoser
FYI, I called in to check and was told that yes, 1) you get drink coupons mailed to you after 5 RT's and yes 2) you will get mailed a book of coupons when you convert points into a SA. It takes 2-3 weeks.
Funny - I got one SA on 2/28 via credit card transferred credits, and topped off a second via converted points on 3/2. I only received one set of coupons. I tried calling a week or two back and got the impression the person I spoke with had no clue if I should have been expecting any more. She told me to send in an e-mail via the standard "contact us," which I did. I haven't heard back, come to think of it. Can't remember what number I called - does anyone have the proper contact info from actual experience?
Old Apr 14, 2011, 10:56 pm

According the the FAQ on the Southwest website, following transition you only get coupons at 10 paid flights; not after converting points for a SA:

Will I still receive drink coupons?

Yes, drink coupons will be distributed following the completion of 10 one-way qualifying flights. You will continue to receive four coupons as you did in the old program.
Not sure if the CSR texashoser spoke with was wrong, or if the website is wrong; I'd give the odds at 50/50.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by ursine1
According the the FAQ on the Southwest website, following transition you only get coupons at 10 paid flights; not after converting points for a SA:

Not sure if the CSR texashoser spoke with was wrong, or if the website is wrong; I'd give the odds at 50/50.
Neither has to be wrong - it simply could have been an omission from the website. The FAQ is simply addressing how going forward drink tickets will be awarded. It just doesn't mention the specific scenario where you convert points and combine those with credits to generate your last SA.

It's quite possible that the CSR rep was incorrect. But unless someone from WN wants the chime in, that's all we have to go on at the moment.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: WN RR (Informed Kettle)
Point being, somebody please post if/when you are confident that you have received coupons from a "topped off" award (points -> old credits, specifically.) We just won't know until someone confirms the actual practice.
Old May 19, 2011, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by HtomSirveaux
Point being, somebody please post if/when you are confident that you have received coupons from a "topped off" award (points -> old credits, specifically.) We just won't know until someone confirms the actual practice.
Just called CR in Dallas today and was informed that the system under 2.0 is not programmed to send out drink coupons when points are used to convert old credits into an SA. He happily said he would send some, so if you really want those drink coupons for a converted award, call 'em up.
Old May 19, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
I finally received a set of drink coupons for flying 10 RR 2.0 flights. My 10th flight was on May 2nd, and the coupons arrived today.
Old May 19, 2011, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by texashoser
Just called CR in Dallas today and was informed that the system under 2.0 is not programmed to send out drink coupons when points are used to convert old credits into an SA. He happily said he would send some, so if you really want those drink coupons for a converted award, call 'em up.
So... I had been assuming that the 10 flights counter started on March 1, 2011... but if they're not sending coupons for that last award, do they count previously flown flights that earned credits?
Old May 19, 2011, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
So... I had been assuming that the 10 flights counter started on March 1, 2011... but if they're not sending coupons for that last award, do they count previously flown flights that earned credits?
The 10 flights do start on march 1. They dont count flights that earned credits is my understanding. Let's say you had 8 credits on march 1. Then you flew 10 flights which then gives you free drinks. Then you use points from those flights to convert the credits into an SA. Should you get the drink coupons from the conversion, effectively using those 10 flights to score drinks under two programs? I bet this was their thinking.

In my case, I had 15.5 credits on march 1. Perhaps being that close made the guy be nice to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.