Wiki Posts
Search

When are Chase Visa points posting?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
When are Chase Visa points posting?

I could have sworn that during RR1.0, credits from my Chase Visa posted the same day as my statement closing date. My first RR2.0-era statement closing date was Saturday, and the RR2.0 points have not yet posted to my account two days later.

Anyone else have a Visa closing date post-3/1 yet? How long did it take for the points to post?
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:47 am

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
Mine closed Monday the 7th and posted Tues the 8th during the day. However, others have reported it taking a few days.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, A-List, Companion Pass Holder
Mine posted after about a day or so.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1k *G, AA Plat, Marriott Silver
24 hrs after seems to be the norm. If clsoing date say sat/sun, then 2 biz days
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EX-AA Explat, WN Loyalist
My statement closed on the 6th and still have not seen them post yet. I confirmed that Chase posted them on the closing date.

I let SWAbrian know last week about the issue. I even called customer relations today and was told that some accounts are flowing through the new software with no issues and some aren't. The IT guys are supposedly working on it.

It is really frustrating as one minute they say they are all good on the IT stuff, and then they admit they are having issues in the next breath.

Any updates Brian???
Old Mar 14, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
same as before

Originally Posted by mritty
I could have sworn that during RR1.0, credits from my Chase Visa posted the same day as my statement closing date. My first RR2.0-era statement closing date was Saturday, and the RR2.0 points have not yet posted to my account two days later.

Anyone else have a Visa closing date post-3/1 yet? How long did it take for the points to post?
Mine posted the same as they always have - the next business day after the billing period rolls over.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
My closing date was also on Saturday and I have not received any points yet.

Also, I seem to have had 3,600 points credited to CP but I have no idea where those are from. My Visa anniversary is this month but that is only 3,000 points and they go into the general pool, don't they? I have not been on a WN flight since November. Maybe 3,600 points from Visa spend YTD towards CP?
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:24 am

I am starting to get really annoyed at the lack of assistance on these issues. I started by calling Chase. Chase said everything on their end is normal, the posted them to my RR# (which was confirmed as correct) on the day my statement closes. They suggested I call SWA.

I call SWA, and immediately get transferred to the Customer Relations department. They confirmed that they did not see the points in my account and that "they had some issues" with the postings of the RR credits. From what I was told, they are having issues integrating new software that merges the systems together. She obviously didn't leave me feeling all warm and fuzzy about it.

Then the kicker. I asked when they are expecting the CC transfers were going to be straightened out and she stated that "They will transfer them when they transfer them." I was kinda shocked at her answer and asked her if they have any idea when that would be. She immediately told me to call CHASE!

Needless to say, I am rapidly losing faith in SWA. I am among the few that views the changes they are making as a good thing (for me at least). I have been A-List since its inception and CP holder for 4 consecutive years. I am now seriously considering other airlines and CC companies (why pay $59 for a CC when you can't get credits in a timely manner??)

IS ANYONE FROM SWA LISTENING?? Maybe Brian or Victor can get us answers???
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
Mine posted the same as they always have - the next business day after the billing period rolls over.
Me, too. Clockwork.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Me, too. Clockwork.

That's what is soo frustrating. She did state that some folks are going in with no issues and others are like mine.

Are any of the normal SWA reps on here?? Some answers would be appreciated!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:54 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Still no points here after closing on 3/12.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:05 am

It's becoming pretty obvious that it is far from isolated. It seems like roughly 1/2 of the folks checking in have had issues with the RR Chase credits posting... Hopefully, we get answers soon.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:07 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards A-List and CP, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Silver
Closing date on the 11th (Friday), and nothing has posted for me so far. The points are listed as transferred in my Chase account.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 6:18 am

SWABrian responded last night to a pm and said he has someone looking into it. I have given him my rr# so maybe they can get to thw bottom of what is going on.

Thanks for the help Brian!
Old Mar 16, 2011, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by leeinct
SWABrian responded last night to a pm and said he has someone looking into it. I have given him my rr# so maybe they can get to thw bottom of what is going on.

Thanks for the help Brian!
Please let us know if/when your points post or if Brian responds to you again with what the problem is. Be nice to know if PM'ing Brian is the secret way of getting our points posted. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.