Wiki Posts
Search

Successfully booked RR1.0 Award flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Successfully booked RR1.0 Award flight

Using Google Chrome, I just booked an award flight for 9/30 from ALB to MCO. I was completely shocked that A) award seats were available (the WGA fare is currently $160) and B) I didn't encounter any website problems.

How sad is that? I'm surprised and thrilled simply because things *worked*. This should not be cause for celebration. Sigh.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Thanks for giving hope to those of us needing to book RR1.0 in the future!
Old Mar 11, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat, WN A+, National EE, Hilton Dia, Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
Thanks for giving hope to those of us needing to book RR1.0 in the future!
I booked three RR 1.0 flight for my wife, daughter and I. Flights are for late June early July going from PHX-MSP and back. Had to play with the days a bit but I was able to get us there and back within a day of what we wanted. Good thing is that being so far out it is easy to rearrange time off.

Levi
Old Mar 12, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
I booked one for OAK to BOS in June. The times are terrible but now that us loyal flyers are just cattle I shouldn't expect more. At least with a freedom award I could have had better times.

I think once my Companion pass runs out, it will be time to find a better airline to spend my money with.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by mritty
Using Google Chrome, I just booked an award flight for 9/30 from ALB to MCO. I was completely shocked that A) award seats were available (the WGA fare is currently $160) and B) I didn't encounter any website problems.

How sad is that? I'm surprised and thrilled simply because things *worked*. This should not be cause for celebration. Sigh.
We also fly alb-mco mostly on school vacation weeks. I've never tried to reeeem an award before. I now have 2 RR1 awards. Will they be really difficult to redeem?

Last edited by pieinthesky; Mar 13, 2011 at 10:42 am
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
On late Saturday March 12, I was able to book an RR1.0 ticket for two, one-way, for Monday, March 14. This was a great deal for me, as the cost otherwise would have been about $240 per person.

I will be sad to see this RR1.0 ticket used. I have one more in the bank, plus one more that I will get by converting points to the final RR1.0 award. Goodbye, old friends.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 9:46 pm

Question

Booked one recently and availability was decent. However - and if anyone wants to chime in ---

I was first told that there was no availability on the outbound flight. I toggled to a day ahead, toggled back a day (to the day I wanted), and then it was available.

On that same flight, it shows in the summary as a non-stop, but really it is a one stop/no plane change.

I went ahead and booked, got a conf. number and everything.

Should I be worried about some issue with this flight in the future?
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: SWA, Hilton, National
I am struggling to find any times or dates that will work for making any trip. I tired to do a short get away to FL, anywhere and it seemed impossible for the weekend I wanted so I gave up on that.

I just tired for my mom's birthday to fly back and see her and I can get a return flight from PIT but not one from AUS to PIT. So I tired the My Dates are flexible deal and it showed that I could fly out on Thursday the 21st, I was excited since it said I could not before. Well, sure enough, I got my hopes up for nothing and I couldn't fly out that day, they were all unenviable.

I am glad some people have had luck, buecause I am looking at 5 Standard Rewards that I am not sure I can even give away because it seems like only a higher power would be able to locate dates for them to work on.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 9:49 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by yivek
I am glad some people have had luck, buecause I am looking at 5 Standard Rewards that I am not sure I can even give away because it seems like only a higher power would be able to locate dates for them to work on.
yivek, if you ever need to travel on short notice for a family illness or funeral you will be very glad to have those standard awards. That's their highest-value use. Vacation trips at peak times are much harder to obtain and save you less money.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: SWA, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by nsx
yivek, if you ever need to travel on short notice for a family illness or funeral you will be very glad to have those standard awards. That's their highest-value use. Vacation trips at peak times are much harder to obtain and save you less money.
Well that is true now that I think about it, I was getting a lot of days during the week for flights.

I was just hoping that I wasn't going to kick myself over not turning them into Freedom Rewards.

Thanks for reminding me of the positive side of the reward. I guess I will have to do like everyone else and cough up the money for the trip rather than being a cheap person. Thank you NSX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.