Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can companion fly with me only part of the trip?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can companion fly with me only part of the trip?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by Ben Bodenmiller
Can confirm this still works with a phone call to Southwest in late 2018. Was able to add companion for one leg of a multistop trip.
Thanks for the data point, and welcome to FT!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:41 pm

Was on the phone with a CS rep today who confirmed for me in great detail that I (on a companion fare) would be allowed to fly on only the first leg of a companion-earner's connecting itinerary.

She even read the script/policy with an example, along the lines of: "If the itinerary is FLL-HOU-PHX, the companion may fly FLL-HOU and exit at PHX with no penalty"

The rep had no trouble accessing this information and were confident in providing me the info. Called because my partner was concerned of this making trouble for their ongoing reservation.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by maybebehindyou
Was on the phone with a CS rep today who confirmed for me in great detail that I (on a companion fare) would be allowed to fly on only the first leg of a companion-earner's connecting itinerary.

She even read the script/policy with an example, along the lines of: "If the itinerary is FLL-HOU-PHX, the companion may fly FLL-HOU and exit at PHX with no penalty"

The rep had no trouble accessing this information and were confident in providing me the info. Called because my partner was concerned of this making trouble for their ongoing reservation.
This has always been the case.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:13 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by maybebehindyou
If it's a stop on a non-connecting itinerary the official rule is no getting off at the stopover point. Airport people have the ability to make it work, and in my experience they will do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.