RR2.0 Login Problems - Solutions?

Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:36 am

Agreed!

Originally Posted by illinidad
Absolutely a fair expectation. I just wanted to point out that things that appear to be IT issues aren't necessarily soley theirs.

However, I think this morning's experience is a complete failure, regardless of whether or not it is caused by IT, management or some other reason. What we're seeing with the website login problems is the tip of the tip of the tip of the iceberg in terms of complexity, but with four years to plan this thing, and the resources of an airline the size of SWA, this is pathetic and a horrible way to transition their loyal flyers to the new program.

Come on guys. I love SWA. You can do better than this.
Couldn't have said it better.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by 6Strong
I'm sure the hordes of us trying to login every second don't help the situation much....

Your right !! My IT guy at work told me that is probably why the site is taking longer to open to all users. There are about 20x the amount of people that would try to access the site than any other day.

He said, they need to shut the RR Section down completly, fix all kinks, then open back up..
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:38 am

Insult to injury: Just called the 800#, pressed 0 for an operator, was on hold for about 5 minutes, and then suddenly got disconnected - but wasn't on my side as it said "PLease try to call Southwest again later".

I don't understand how the stock price is not tanking right now considering it is impossible to buy a plane fare....
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
iPhone app won't load

Just for grins I tried to load the SWA app on my iPhone (iOS 3.01 - yeah, I know its old....waiting for the iPhone 5. Thought it might try to connect to another server farm or another part of southwest.com that's not experiencing such high volume. No such luck - the app won't even load.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:41 am

Help

I've managed to get to the Setup Username and Security Question page, and then get an error message. For those of you who got past this point, do I keep trying to resubmit the data on that page using the "back" button, or do I have to close the browser and start over?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by MSYMCO ETW
I've managed to get to the Setup Username and Security Question page, and then get an error message. For those of you who got past this point, do I keep trying to resubmit the data on that page using the "back" button, or do I have to close the browser and start over?
This works... go the URL bar and type in: http://jetblue.com, or any other airline for that matter - can book a flight without a hitch!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:46 am

I got in!!!! Yep, I just hit back and submit, third time it worked. Whether I stay connected is another matter..
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
However, I think this morning's experience is a complete failure...this is pathetic and a horrible way to transition their loyal flyers to the new program.
Totally agree.

Actually, recent history has shown that they can't.

Originally Posted by BossRoss83
Your right !! My IT guy at work told me that is probably why the site is taking longer to open to all users. There are about 20x the amount of people that would try to access the site than any other day.
I'm an IT guy but I'm not giving them a pass on this. I don't think traffic levels were high when login failures were first reported hours ago. And even now, I do not believe traffic is that bad...we tend to overestimate the number of rabid RR members eager to login to their accounts.

Originally Posted by BossRoss83
He said, they need to shut the RR Section down completly, fix all kinks, then open back up..
No, they do not.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: WN RR (Informed Kettle)
Still no good with logging in.

Boy, am I glad I made my award reservation on the phone yesterday...but is it normal that I can't do anything with it online (such as change it)? And hoping OLCI still works...
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by expert7700
...I talked to a Southwest HDQ RR representative who took several days and went up several layers of the food chain, to both IT and the RR bosses, to call me back with the answer that it was a 1 time sweep Mar 1-Feb 28th...

Oh well, at least there's another who still considers me Preferred.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: WN: A+, CP National: Exec. Elite. Choice hotels: Platinum Priority Club: Platinum
Tried several times from IE and Mozilla and got the same message "We are currently unable to complete your request. Please try again later."

But I did call the number posted in a different thread and the automated machine told me I'm A-list preferred^
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:02 am

Absolutely a fair expectation. I just wanted to point out that things that appear to be IT issues aren't necessarily soley theirs.

However, I think this morning's experience is a complete failure, regardless of whether or not it is caused by IT, management or some other reason. What we're seeing with the website login problems is the tip of the tip of the tip of the iceberg in terms of complexity, but with four years to plan this thing, and the resources of an airline the size of SWA, this is pathetic and a horrible way to transition their loyal flyers to the new program.

If they can't handle this, just imagine how much potential there will be to bring everything to a halt when FL is merged into WN.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:04 am

OK, I'll take another approach! Shouldn't we all be flattered that we are clearly the first to test the new system? Pretty obvious no one else has!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP, WN A-List, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by GoSpurs
OK, I'll take another approach! Shouldn't we all be flattered that we are clearly the first to test the new system? Pretty obvious no one else has!
CLEARLY not tested. I work in the software industry and know implementations pretty well....testing is a KEY PHASE before go-live. But what do I know.

This is a cluster. I'd like to know if there's any accountability for this fiasco.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG, WN CP, Marriott PP, Hilton Gold
I haven't been able to log in to my account yet (trying for over 4 hours). I can not get through using the 800# either. This sure does seem like a cluster.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.