RR2.0 Login Problems - Solutions?

Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:40 am

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
No Login Button

Well, now I'm really wondering what's going on with their IT. I'm normally a pretty patient guy when it comes to IT issues, because that's how I try to make a living, but this is really bad. Now, not only can't I login, but there is no login button. WT_?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:42 am
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
I am checking on an update. I have had mixed results signing in also. I was able to sign in on the southwest.com home page but not some of the other pages. Upon initial signin, I could view my meager account, but somehow I got signed out of that. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:43 am

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
I am logged in again, but it does not show much and everything is slow. It does not show any of my future reservations.

I cannot find if my last SPG transfer went through yet or not. It shows I have 0 points of course, but I cannot find the link to my existing standard awards.

I can see that I had leftover credits and I need to convert 9000pts over to top off my free flight.

It does show my tier status progress correctly but I am not elite though anyway.

I found the CP section where it shows I am 42% to CP, but the SPG transfer from last week will make that higher when it posts.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:52 am

Well I didn't get the details of why or how, but our Technology folks are working on the login problem and hope to have it fixed soon.

Judging from the post above, it appears to be an intermittent problem.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
We are currently unable to complete your request. Please try again later.

Perhaps instead of spending all their money on RR2.0, WN should have spent just a fraction of it on a competent IT department.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
Originally Posted by SWABrian
Well I didn't get the details of why or how, but our Technology folks are working on the login problem and hope to have it fixed soon.

Sorry, just a few min after my post above I got shut out again and cannot get back in.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:00 am

Programs: WN RR A-List Preferred & CP, Alaska Air MVP Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
To have a large portion of a production site completely down for 2 days in order to do a data migration and then still not be able to do it in that timeframe is not good.

It is hard for me to imagine that the data migration required is to convert rapid rewards is that complicated.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:01 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DIA, HHonors DIA, Marriott PlA
How is it with over 3 days to work on it and transition it, it's still down?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: WN RR A-List Preferred & CP, Alaska Air MVP Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
I was able to log in at 4:30 MST this morning. Website was sluggish, probably due to high traffic. I was eventually able to see all my data. Everything but CP looked OK. I made A-List Preferred, as expected, but looks like I got SCREWED out of 9 months of CP. My CP last rolled over 8/1/10 and I had already accumulated 135 of the old CPs by Feb 28, enough to get CP through 9/30/12 under the old RR. The site only shows me having CP through 12/31/11. I am NOT happy!
Ugh! If that is the case, I will likely be in the same situation.

I guess the speculation that those of us in this situation would be extended to then end of 2012 was incorrect.

Not pleased, at all, if this is, indeed the case.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:41 am

Again, I am sorry for the problems. I don't know the technical issues, but I know its not because the migration hadn't been completed. All of the Technology and Marketing Teams are on this.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by SWABrian

Thank you. FWIW, I have not been able to login at all, so it is a persistent problem in my case.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by freeflyin
We are currently unable to complete your request. Please try again later.

Perhaps instead of spending all their money on RR2.0, WN should have spent just a fraction of it on a competent IT department.
That's a little harsh. Clearly though, they either severely underestimated the anticipated spike in traffic or simply didn't plan adequately enough. But, let's also not forget that it may not be IT's issue. Perhaps someone in the management decided they didn't need the resources they needed to prepare for this. I've seen that situation far too many times.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:55 am

Almost

I was able to log in and got to the "Setup Username and Security Questions" page, but that's where it hung up and gave me an error message. Will keep trying.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: WN A-List, CP; EK Gold
After hourse of repeated login denials from the homepage, I maganged to login here:

https://www.southwest.com/flight/log...UBNAV-RR-LOGIN
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by MSYMCO ETW
I was able to log in and got to the "Setup Username and Security Questions" page, but that's where it hung up and gave me an error message. Will keep trying.

Ditto.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.