Wiki Posts
Search

2.0 Companion Pass continuation question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2011, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-List (w/CP), Hilton Diamond
2.0 Companion Pass continuation question

I've read through most of the other posts, so I don't think I'm repeating with this question. So here goes - I presently have a CP that is set to expire in April 2011. I need 4.25 RR to obtain for the new year. I have one roundtrip paid flight scheduled in the month of February and three Hilton stays (with .5 RR credits per stay). That still leaves me .75 RR short by the end of February (keeping in mind that with the old program my CP would need to be renewed by the end of April). With the new program, it is my understanding that my CP will carry over until the end of December 2011. So my question is this - is it imperative that I make the goal before the new program starts? I really want to maintain the CP and am willing to take a short hop (one-way) or convert Hilton points to make this happen.
I would appreciate any input on the best way to maintain CP for the longest period of time. Is it necessary to hit the required RR before the new program kicks in? I will have a couple of flights in April that would make sure I hit the "old" goal, but not sure how this will play out with the new program.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 9:04 am

The way I understand it, your existing companion pass will be good through the end of this year. You can earn the remaining points for your next one the same way you did in the past (they'll figure it out both ways). So you should be golden!

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me, as I'm in a similar situation!
Old Feb 10, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
I think you are right about him being golden. Good to go I think.

But if I were in his shoes and only needed .75 to get to that CP number before 3.1, I would do it beforehand just to be on the safe side.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-List (w/CP), Hilton Diamond
That's what I was thinking. Better to be safe than sorry. I will probably convert enough points from Hilton to cover 2RR.
Thanks for the input.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:18 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Well, it is a CP renewal in 2011...no need to rush as there isn't anything to gain, expiration will be 12/31/2012.

A brand new CP qualification is a different story...that you want to get quickly.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: former {UA 1k // SPG Gold, HHonors Silver}, now starting up again
Based on my understanding, your current CP will be good until the end of this year, and as long as you requalify for CP exactly as you would have under the old rules (ie by April), you will have CP until the end of 2012.

The date March 1, 2011 won't affect your requalification strategy, I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.