Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Incorrect Expiration Dates for CP and A-List was: Transition for CP in RR 2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

As I understood it, I could re-qualify for my CP by one of the following:

(a) Accrue 100 credits from any source within a rolling 12 months, or
(b) Take 100 or more paid one-way flights or earn 110,000 points from any source in calendar year 2011.

Well I was 8 credits away from re-qualifying as of Feb 28th and had until May 31, 2011 to get them. However when I log onto RR 2.0 and look at the CP details under the "My Rapid Rewards" tab I don't see my option A accrual, only option B.

Is re-qualifying under option A still allowed? Is there a way to view this on the new site and if not, are they still tallying this on their end?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

[Edited by NSX, with original post bumped to number 2 position]

Rather than answer a dozen of the same question, I am merging all expiration date questions into this thread.

Rolling qualification was a late addition to Rapid Rewards 2.0. Therefore its implementation lags. People who have already qualified for renewal of their Companion Pass or A-List status on a rolling year basis were not initially given their correct December 31, 2012 expiration date. This is a known issue. Southwest expects to give you the end of 2012 expiration by early next week.

Last edited by nsx; Mar 3, 2011 at 12:02 pm
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; WN CP; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC; Marriott Plat; PC Plat
My hopes is the status info is still being updated.

I re-qualified for both A List and Companion Pass prior to Feb 28. I thought this would protect me for 2012 expiration; system currently showing Dec 2011 expiration..
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, 1.7MM, SW 15 Year Companion Pass holder, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I am also a Tulsan and saw the same thing with my Companion Pass. I had requalified with 188 credits and my expiration date is April 2011 and I was informed it would be extended to December 2012. However, mine is showing as December 2011.

I have 15 years of CP with SW and it is going to be nearly impossible to fly 100 segments although many years I would get very close as I also used rental cars or the new Chase cards.

I looked at the booking process and it is very painful. The credits will disappear so quickly. I think the new system is about 1.5 times the use of an old RR and that is if they are available. As I investigated a trip to MCO the mileage or points are exponentially larger to the point of not using them.

I had little or no notice of how bad the new program would be. I have been very devoted to SW and really like the TUL folks and this is not good.
What also hurts is that TUL has so few one stop flights to get anywhere as this town lost too many jobs and many of our connecting flights were due to the old Wright Amendment for DFW that allowed us to fly to MCI and elsewhere. STL is a ghost town and we can't fly to MCI direct so we miss the northern connections.

I am very sad about this program! At least with AA they would just mileage creep every year or so.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: WN RR A-List Preferred & CP, Alaska Air MVP Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
I am hoping that they are still in the process of updating the CP information, as I had requalified already for a CP that expires 8/31/2011 with 190+ credits--thus I would have had a CP well in to 2012.

As it stands now my CP expires 12/31/2011, which definitely stinks.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I believe they are still in the process of updating their system. I flew with Southwest yesterday, the first day of RR 2.0 and their entire computer system went out. They had to check in all passengers manually and manually write up their bording passes. This was causing flight delays as well.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:47 am

It was my understanding that the CP which expired after March or April, 2011 (cannot recall exact date) would be extended til 12/31/11, and those expiring thereafter would be extended til 12/31/12. It is possible they are just still updating.

I have 3 trips booked which were after my expiration date (which is now extended until years end) and I called to book my CP traveller, and the hold time was only 2 hours...LOL

Does anyone know how to now book CP travel? My itineraries are not listed and I cannot find the CP booking link.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:03 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sofakingcane
It was my understanding that the CP which expired after March or April, 2011 (cannot recall exact date) would be extended til 12/31/11, and those expiring thereafter would be extended til 12/31/12. It is possible they are just still updating.

I have 3 trips booked which were after my expiration date (which is now extended until years end) and I called to book my CP traveller, and the hold time was only 2 hours...LOL

Does anyone know how to now book CP travel? My itineraries are not listed and I cannot find the CP booking link.
I booked mine earlier this morning from the My Upcoming Trips page. Just checked and the page is not available. UGH!

When it works, there is a "Book Companion" link right on the reservation info, a minute or less and you are done. Everything is prefilled. It takes a few minutes after making a reservation for the reservation to show up, but after that, great. That is, if the "My Upcoming" will show up.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: delta sky miles, SW RR, us airways, Alamo, Avis
Hey everyone,

I have a dilema as most do right now in that I needed about 16 credits to qualify for next years companion pass. I was going to convert hhonors pionts over to ensure it but after 3 different phone calls to SW I was told the same thing over and over, that if you currently hold a companion pass your credits will not be lost for requalifing for this year. Now when I look at the site it shows in one area I am only 36% of the way to a companion pass and that I am not currently on one. But on another area of the site it shows my companion pass and a spot to book a flight with it. I am hoping and praying they just are not finsihed but will be extremely upset if they mis-informed me and I could have just used some points to get it right.
SWABRIAN any thoughts or help!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: WN A-List, CP; EK Gold
I think we all need to take a deep breath and just give wn a few days to work all the kinks out.....

We all seem to be in the same boat with our CP status. Look through some other threads and you'll see that even the most prolific wn ft'ers have their CP status tangled in a nasty web of IT transition.

I'm sure that we, collectively, aren't helping the situation with our enthusiasm for the new RR2.0, hordes of us trying to login yesterday to check out the new site.

Yes, it's frustrating --- very. Especially when we all cherish our perks and can't imagine the horrors of traveling without them!

But we have to remember that the wn staff are not sitting around their offices with beady eyes, cackling over how they screwed us all out of perks. I'm sure they are as concerned as we are and I'm sure that everything will be exactly how it is described in the T&C --- if only we give it a little time.

Everyone now, take a deep breath in......hold it......ok, you can do it.....hold it.......
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Taking a deep breath is fine, but T-24 checkin and changing a flight are still tangled up. Those are more important to resolve than 2012 CP etc. yet CP and A+ seem to be the fixation.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AMEX Plat, Hertz Pres Circle, SWA (CP,A -List), CO Pre 1K, SPG (Gold), Avis First
Originally Posted by jobo18
Hey everyone,

I have a dilema as most do right now in that I needed about 16 credits to qualify for next years companion pass. I was going to convert hhonors pionts over to ensure it but after 3 different phone calls to SW I was told the same thing over and over, that if you currently hold a companion pass your credits will not be lost for requalifing for this year. Now when I look at the site it shows in one area I am only 36% of the way to a companion pass and that I am not currently on one. But on another area of the site it shows my companion pass and a spot to book a flight with it. I am hoping and praying they just are not finsihed but will be extremely upset if they mis-informed me and I could have just used some points to get it right.
SWABRIAN any thoughts or help!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AMEX Plat, Hertz Pres Circle, SWA (CP,A -List), CO Pre 1K, SPG (Gold), Avis First
Can anyone tell me where to check progress on my companion pass? I too was close to qualifying for the next year. It does show my current pass expiring 12/31/11.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Canterqueen
Can anyone tell me where to check progress on my companion pass? I too was close to qualifying for the next year. It does show my current pass expiring 12/31/11.
that's what mine said too. my original exp. date was 4/30/11. but i can't confirm that they did extended to the of 2011 because i couldn't get to cp info page.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:21 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Apparently the rolling qualification pages have not been rolled out yet. I recommend patience for a couple days. Certainly no new content will be developed until the existing content is working smoothly. However some of the developed content has not been enabled, so we haven't seen all of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.