Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rapid Rewards 2.0 begins March 1, 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold; WN A-List Pref., CP; Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by raj_cl
Any suggestions?

Should I try to get the 0.25 credits before March 1, or wait until after RR2.0 comes along.

I don't travel frequently, and don't intend to do so...only thing on my mind is the terms and conditions of the new award trip with RR2.0 versus the old award trip.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
Order Mom some flowers - get your free ticket now and have a .25 credit going forward.

Gives you the opportunity to convert new points to the old credits if you want to - or at least that is what I would do.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 6:16 pm

Definition of "qualifying stay" at hotels

In the newrapidrewards.com section on earning rewards at partner hotels, it indicates that 600 points can be earned with each "qualifying stay".

I called customer service and they were unable to define that term.

Can someone shed light on this?

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by woodlandcabill
In the newrapidrewards.com section on earning rewards at partner hotels, it indicates that 600 points can be earned with each "qualifying stay".

I called customer service and they were unable to define that term.

Can someone shed light on this?

Thanks
The exact definition would vary by hotel brand. In general, it would mean a hotel stay in which you paid a rate eligible for point/mile earning.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
0.25 credits away from free ticket - what to do?

Originally Posted by jbdear
Order Mom some flowers - get your free ticket now and have a .25 credit going forward.

Gives you the opportunity to convert new points to the old credits if you want to - or at least that is what I would do.
Thanks jdbear.

Any specific reason why I should get my free ticket now? Since I don't know if I can use it within a year, so will it not be a better idea to wait for the remaining 0.25 credits (equivalent in points) so that I can enjoy a later expiration date?

Or are the new reward tickets more restrictive, so I should get my free ticket now? Or more difficult to get points in the new RR2.0?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
The new RR 2.0 program awards are dramatically different. You should carefully re-read nsx's original post in this thread.

Earning enough credit now to get the Standard award issued and have a non-zero residual RR 1.0 credit balance (i.e., do something to earn 0.5 credit instead of only a 0.25 credit) also buys you the option to convert 18,900 RR 2.0 points into 15.75 RR 1.0 credits before 02/28/2012 solely for the purchase of redeeming for your final RR 1.0 style Standard award. But yes, the expiration clock on that that first Standard award would start ticking. However, even after that first Standard award expires, you would have up to 12 months after expiration to revive the award by paying $50. You will not have this option on your second Standard award. Call this Option A.

Option B would be to wait until RR 2.0 kicks in. With your 15.75 RR 1.0 credit balance, you will have the right to convert 300 RR 2.0 points to 0.25 RR 1.0 credits and get one RR 1.0 style Standard award.

If you're not sure that you'll use the awards, consider this:

Option A: Award #A1 is earned at the latest 02/28/2011. Its original expiration is at the latest 02/28/2012. You can pay $50 to revive the expired award up until 02/28/2013. If you do, Award #1 is valid for travel until 02/28/2014. If you decide you like Standard awards, you can exercise your right to convert 18,900 RR 2.0 points as late as 02/28/2012. Award #A2 would then expire as late as 02/28/2013. You can't extend it, therefore last travel is 02/28/2013.

Option B: You can exercise your right to convert 300 RR 2.0 points as late as 02/28/2012, in which Award #B1 would expire as late as 02/28/2013. You can't extend it, therefore last travel is 02/28/2013.

For many, Option A is significantly more attractive than Option B. However, it is not guaranteed that for your situation, A is better than B.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 5:45 am

Does anyone know if we'll still have the option to convert standard awards into freedom awards after March 1st? I have two awards I had planned to convert before May 20th and pay the $50 to add a year onto them. If not, I'll do it in February as we will use them December 17th.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:54 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
No you will not be able to convert after mar. 1.

Will the new Program allow for the combination of Standard Awards into a Freedom Award?

No, any conversions from Standard to Freedom will have to occur prior to the launch of the new Program.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99
No you will not be able to convert after mar. 1.

Thanks!

BTW - it's pretty sad when the RR program details require a "search" feature.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: status-less.
Is anyone else noticing that it's taking longer to get partner credits to post than before? I'm likely paranoid but it seems to me that WN is holding up credits being earned now so that they'll post as RR2.0 points rather than the RR1.0 credits I want. I have a hotel stay in one chain and a transfer from another chain in progress and both have now taken longer to occur than identical transactions done in 2010.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 6:16 pm

Programs: Lotz
How will this affect the new CC bonuses? Currently there are the 32 credits, the 16 credits plus $500GC and the vanilla 16 credit bonuses.

If I jump on one of these this week but my closing isn't until after 2/28, will I have to take RR 2.0 points? The invitation says 16 or 32 credits and a round-trip (or 2) to apply. But under 2.0 the points may not be enough for a round trip anywhere in the US. I assume since it's advertised as credits they will still award 1.0 credits and ticket vouchers even if the statement closing is after 2/28.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by jtaft
Is anyone else noticing that it's taking longer to get partner credits to post than before?
I've seen no difference at all with multiple RR partners.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 6:22 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
It feels like they would honor the credits - IMHO.
Changing the terms on a CC offer after the fact does not seem right so I think they will honor the credits.

My wife just applied for a 32 RR offer yesterday on this premise.

Originally Posted by tassojunior
How will this affect the new CC bonuses? Currently there are the 32 credits, the 16 credits plus $500GC and the vanilla 16 credit bonuses.

If I jump on one of these this week but my closing isn't until after 2/28, will I have to take RR 2.0 points? The invitation says 16 or 32 credits and a round-trip (or 2) to apply. But under 2.0 the points may not be enough for a round trip anywhere in the US. I assume since it's advertised as credits they will still award 1.0 credits and ticket vouchers even if the statement closing is after 2/28.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, IHG Status-of-the-Day, Avis First. **Freedom fighter: One grope at a time.**
Originally Posted by jtaft
Is anyone else noticing that it's taking longer to get partner credits to post than before? I'm likely paranoid but it seems to me that WN is holding up credits being earned now so that they'll post as RR2.0 points rather than the RR1.0 credits I want. I have a hotel stay in one chain and a transfer from another chain in progress and both have now taken longer to occur than identical transactions done in 2010.
I thought my latest transfer took a bit longer than expected, but I attributed it to the fact that they may have more taking place right now. Or, maybe it just seemed longer because I was paying more attention this time!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
It feels like they would honor the credits - IMHO.
Changing the terms on a CC offer after the fact does not seem right so I think they will honor the credits.

My wife just applied for a 32 RR offer yesterday on this premise.
The FAQ on the new rapids rewards site say this:

What happens if I have credits earned through qualifying purchases with Rapid Rewards Partners that have not been deposited into my Rapid Rewards account prior to transition to the new program?
Credits earned prior to the transition date through qualified purchases with Rapid Rewards Partners but not deposited into the account at the time of transition will be posted to the account on or after the transition date as Rapid Rewards Points at the following rates: .25 (quarter) credit = 300 Rapid Rewards Points, .5 (half) credit = 600 Rapid Rewards Points, and 1 (whole) credit = 1,200 Rapid Rewards Points

It seems you will likely earn 1200 pts * 32 instead of credits if they drop into your southwest account after 3/1
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:28 am

Programs: Lotz
That's for purchases. I think CC enrollment bonuses would be different since it's an offer and acceptance (contract).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.