Community
Wiki Posts
Search

credit for AirTran flights?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

credit for AirTran flights?

With the eventual merger of SWA and Air Tran, i assume that at some point, one's Air Tran A+ credits will be converted into SWA RR credits on a one to one basis. I am thinking of booking an Air Tran trip for February, and my decision will be affected by whether I can eventually convert the A+ credit into a RR credit. Anyone have any insights or thoughts?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Without question you will be able to convert at some undetermined rate.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 10:31 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by lougord99
Without question you will be able to convert at some undetermined rate.
If WN has any sense they will surely convert at 1:1 or better. Considering that FL also uses 16 credits for an award it should be pretty simple.

So yes, I would also think it's save to assume that FL credits will be brought on at some point.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 5:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton, Southwest "A" and "CP" Hertz 5*
i hope it is a bit better than 1:1 - maybe try to throw an incentive to get their "regulars" to join us over here at WN. Need to keep that customer base intact and little incentives help do that.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 5:55 am

Programs: starwood plat 5*elite svo, usair, delta, jetblue, southwest, nwa
will they honor airtran gift cards 1:1 also?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:18 am
Original Poster

to what retroactive date will conversion likely occur?

So if I take an Air Tran trip in Feb. 2011 and earn one credit, will this be eventually converted to a SWA RR credit after the merger occurs? One lone Air Tran credit is useless to me, but I could use an additional RR credit.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:30 am

One consideration would be when RR 2.0 takes effect, and how long current credits can build up to current-style awards.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:40 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
If 2.0 occurs before the merger of the FF programs, everyone will clearly still get some conversion of airtran credits to RR credits even if it is only 1 credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.