Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest and Microsoft "Holiday Photos on the Fly" - $20 promo code & photo w/ Santa

Southwest and Microsoft "Holiday Photos on the Fly" - $20 promo code & photo w/ Santa

Old Dec 2, 10, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP

Southwest and Microsoft launched their "Holiday Photos on the Fly" joint promotion today at select airports for this and the next couple weekends featuring SANTA CLAUS! Your rewards for consuming a healthy dose of Microsoft propaganda are an awkward photo with the big man and a promo code good for $20 off a roundtrip WGA purchase.

Terms and Conditions:
  • $20 discount valid for one-time use at southwest.com or SWABIZ.com off the total amount of a roundtrip Wanna Get Away Fare purchase before taxes and fees.
  • Purchase must be made between November 26, 2010 and January 26, 2011 for travel January 4, 2011 through March 10, 2011.
  • Blackout dates apply February 17, 2011 through February 28, 2011. If any portion of travel falls on a blackout date, the discount will not apply.
  • The discount is only valid with the provided Promotion Code and is not combinable with other Promotion Codes or fares available exclusively through the web tool DING!.
  • This promotion includes only Wanna Get Away fares.
  • 7-day or more advance purchase may be required.
  • Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for this promotion.
Old Dec 3, 10, 12:49 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Free pic with Santa @ Southwest SMF and LAX

They were hawking free photos with santa today in SMF gates 6-17 terminal A (after security) and at LAX in the Southwest baggage claim area in terminal 1 (not behind security). According to the hawker, it is a joint effort of WN and Microsoft. They give you a print immediately after the picture is taken and email you the photo, also.

Not too many takers in either location. Just a few parents with kids.
Old Dec 3, 10, 2:02 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards A-List and CP, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Silver
My first post here, from a long time lurker!

They had this at DAL earlier this evening as well. My flight was delayed, so I thought why not give it a shot. I got the free picture, but even better - it comes with a coupon for $20 off a WGA fare.

Details: Purchase must be made between November 26, 2010 and January 26, 2011 for travel January 4, 2011 through March 10, 2011. Blackout dates apply February 17, 2011 through February 28 2011 and if any portion of travel falls on a blackout date, the discount will not apply.

Promotion good only on WGA fares and requires 7-day advanced purchase.

Well, $20 off my weekly commute!
Old Dec 3, 10, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP
Welcome to FlyerTalk, liz4153!

At PHX the Santas (yes, two) are at gates C1 and C12 from 8AM until 8PM.
Old Dec 3, 10, 10:14 am

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for posting, Curb! I saw this yesterday and that was enough to swap my decision to fly into TPA instead of MCO for a trip next weekend. The coupon makes it that much better!!

For the lazy who don't want to click the links, here are the participating airports and parks that are participating in our Holiday Photos on the Fly program:

Albuquerque - ABQ
Austin - AUS
Baltimore - BWI
Boston - BOS
Chicago - MDW
Dallas - DAL
Denver - DEN
El Paso - ELP
Fort Lauderdale - FLL
Houston - HOU
Los Angeles - LAX
Milwaukee - MKE
Nashville - BNA
New Orleans - MSY
Oakland - OAK
Ontario - ONT
Philadelphia - PHL
Phoenix - PHX
Portland - PDX
Sacramento - SMF
San Antonio - SAT
San Diego - SAN
San Jose - SJC
Seattle - SEA
St. Louis - STL
Tampa - TPA

In-Airport Dates:
Dec 2 - 5, 2010 (Thursday - Sunday)
Dec 9 - 12, 2010 (Thursday - Sunday)
Dec 17 - 20, 2010 (Friday - Monday)
Old Dec 3, 10, 10:23 am

Do these Santas ever make it into work before 8:00 AM? If so, I'm totally going to get a photo next weekend!
Old Dec 3, 10, 2:42 pm

Does anyone know how long the Santas stay for? Thinking about stopping by SJC after work for a photo op with mr. clause.
Old Dec 3, 10, 3:31 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards A-List and CP, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Silver
Originally Posted by andyh182 View Post
Does anyone know how long the Santas stay for? Thinking about stopping by SJC after work for a photo op with mr. clause.

Not sure how long they will be around, but at least at DAL, you had to make it past security to have the photo op. So if you're just stopping by, don't know how it will work. Maybe it is outside security and before the gate area and SJC.
Old Dec 3, 10, 8:13 pm
cxn

Did this today with the family in OAK. We went to where Santa was and got our picture taken.

This is an awesome promotion. If you are at the airport, esp with your family, go and take advantage. I was surprised there was no line.
Old Dec 5, 10, 4:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton, Southwest "A" and "CP" Hertz 5*
saw this week - they were just setting up the computers etc for the window guys. as the window guys were not set up Santa suggested we just use my cell phone camera. So I was able to get a pic of just me and Santa and it was really great. My wife and kids had a great laugh and thought is was really neat for someone of my age group to actually sit with Santa and get a pic of just the two of us.

Thanks for the fun Southwest! and Thank you Santa!
Old Dec 5, 10, 7:51 am
dc2

Santa and his elves were set up at gate 46 at DEN yesterday. We had a layover and our outbound gate was 47. I never saw a line while we were there.
The process was very fast. I stepped up to the camera and had 3 Santa pictures taken. Then, there were several workstations set up with Santa's Elves. At the workstation, I received a short demo on editing pictures using windows 7.
DH and I had our pictures taken individually (the codes on the certificates were unique codes.)
There was a short survey to fill out which asked my opinion about the windows 7 software before and after the demo and also asked my overall opinion about the laptops that were being used.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: