Southwest Porch at Skyline Park Denver

Old Sep 16, 2010, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
Southwest Porch at Skyline Park Denver

I got a chance to see what Southwest calls the "Southwest Porch at Skyline Park." It is a very nice space on the 16th Street mall in Denver, at 16th and Arapahoe. The pizza served there is fantastic (I'm a fan of thin pizza) and there is a bar there as well.

If you are ever in downtown Denver on the 16th street mall, certainly a fun place to check out.

Also there are free pedi-cab rides sponsored by SWA. I think it is cool how SWA is helping the community down there.

An article about it was posted in the Denver Post:
http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_16076426

There is a free round trip drawing today (Sept 16 2010) and they also announced in the article that double Denver points continue Sept 23-Dec 15.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Let's hope the WN Porch takes off....a la Hard Rock or Planet Hollywood. Then we'll see Porches at our favorite airports and buy-on-board* catering by Porch...or maybe even someday I get to park a Porsche in front of a Porch at Santana Row.

Double RR dollars for each meal....choice seating for A-Listers.

*free for A-List and BS.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
You guys may laugh, but when WN comes to GSP, downtown Greenville will be a PERFECT spot for a Southwest Porch (even hitting on the Southern "front porch" angle). Downtown Greenville is a destination in itself already - they could locate it in Falls Park or in River Place, or even along Main St (other cities have sent delegations here to study our downtown). Here's hoping this sort of thing appears around the WN system!

BTW - is this Southwest Porch a temporary marketing gimmick like the Delta Store DL operated for a short time in NYC in the last year or two?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: WN CP
It is temporary, but who knows how temporary. The NYC Porch has been open for 15 months so far. My guess is the venues will remain open as long as they continue to generate buzz and grow mindshare.

There is a bit of missed opportunity here. The Porches should be participating in and promoting Rapid Rewards Dining, but they do not.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 1:39 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by gsupstate
I agree, CR1s, CR2s are penalty boxes, but I see no diff as a passenger between CR9 & CR7 (vast improvements over the previously mentioned versions) except the number of rows. They even taxi and "touch down" on landing much softer/smoother than the 1s & 2s.
I prefer NSXs to Corvettes.

Originally Posted by curbcrusher
There is a bit of missed opportunity here. The Porches should be participating in and promoting Rapid Rewards Dining, but they do not.
I prefer NSXs to Porches, too.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Cool idea! ^ Next time I'm in Denver, I will look for it...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.