Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Question regarding Budget 5x points promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2010, 5:54 am
Original Poster

I am trying to book a Budget Rental Car for the 5x points promotion. The rules say I must enter BCD number U072700 for the 30% off portion of the promotion, which is easy enough to do, as I see where that goes. However, the rules also say that I must enter coupon number MUAZ039 to receive the bonus credits. I have been all over the site and nowhere do I see where you can enter this coupon number. Anyone have any idea where they expect you to put this code in there upon booking the car? Thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
When you say "the site" do you mean southwest.com or budget.com?

When trying to stack promos/coupons, I go to the individual rental company's site. Not that I always actually GET the miles/credits, but the dollar amount at least comes out right.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 9:18 am
Original Poster

I am trying to book it thru southwest.com, not the Budget web site.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 2:23 pm

I know this doesn't solve the issue, but if you want to go through southwest.com, if you book directly through the offer page, the discounts are applied.

http://travel.southwest.com/specialo...html?id=534104

The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not reflect those of Southwest Airlines, SW's directors, board or employees. I am fully responsible for my opinions posted.

Last edited by KelseyR; Sep 17, 2010 at 3:46 am Reason: disclaimer
Old Sep 9, 2010, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KelseyR
I know this doesn't solve the issue, but if you want to go through southwest.com, if you book directly through the offer page, the discounts are applied.

http://travel.southwest.com/specialo...html?id=534104
That is how I booked it. The discount code is in there. But, the code for the 5X points does not show up, and there is no place to enter it.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by scott_w
That is how I booked it. The discount code is in there. But, the code for the 5X points does not show up, and there is no place to enter it.
Weird. Even after booking? I'd definitely call them then and make sure the coupon code is there for the credits. I've never booked w/ Budget so I'm not too sure, sorry.

The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not reflect those of Southwest Airlines, SW's directors, board or employees. I am fully responsible for my opinions posted.

Last edited by KelseyR; Sep 17, 2010 at 3:44 am Reason: disclaimer
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:29 am

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
Be forewarned that Budget has a lot of issues and that you may need to fight to get any/all of your credits.

I previously posted:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budge...-problems.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budge...gas-sucks.html

Read the Budget forum for more horror stories. I don't know why this company cannot get its act together.

There is Hertz, and there is "not exactly!" However, overall, Dollar is pretty good and a lot cheaper. Perhaps that is why these two companies are merging.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.