PageOnce no mas

Old Aug 28, 2010, 8:12 am
Original Poster

PageOnce no mas

Pageonce is an IPhone app which is an aggregator of online info such as finances and travel plans including loyalty programs. It is similar to Mint.com and Yodlee. Recently both BestWestern hotels and SWA have denied the program access without explanation. Purportedly PageOnce utilizes military level security (not sure how good that is given WikiLeaks). It is very convenient to access all info in one place. Does anyone know why the relationship was severed whether financial or security related. I would really hate it if SWA started denying access to FlightTrack and Tripit as well.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:05 am

Programs: WN CP
PageOnce violates southwest.com's terms and conditions. Southwest recently blocked AwardWallet for the same reason:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...ardwallet.html
Old Aug 28, 2010, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks. It looks like Tripit and FlightTrack might be the next to go since they use the information in the same way
Old Aug 28, 2010, 10:29 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

It's not a question of how the information is used, but how it is obtained. Flight tracking information is available on many sites, and I'm going to guess the data comes from government computers. The tracking information available at southwest.com isn't very useful compared to what is available elsewhere. Unless things have changed since I last looked, TripIt uses data from Emails that you forward to them. SWA doesn't, and probably cannot, prohibit you from forwarding your confirmation Emails.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.