Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Love Field - Delays due to Carjacking / High Speed Police Chase!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold; WN A-List Pref., CP; Marriott Plat.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Suspe...101098984.html

A great day not to be flying through Love Field.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 2:41 pm

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
"The suspect was seen reaching under the seat of the stolen truck..."

Instead of a weapon, a healthy stash of drink coupons, perhaps?

"...before he took off."

Pick-ups can fly?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
"before heading for Love Field airport, where he drove through a fence"

What? If that's correct you have to wonder about the quality of security at Love Field if it can be breached with a standard Chevy truck? What are those fences designed to keep out?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by bernardd

What? If that's correct you have to wonder about the quality of security at Love Field if it can be breached with a standard Chevy truck? What are those fences designed to keep out?
Cars go through those fences all the time. Miami airport several years ago had a few cars and a semi go through theirs, I believe. A few years back some guy ran from Phoenix PD and drove on the ramp at Sky Harbor. I can't remember which side of the airport he entered, but he drove out on the taxiways for a while, weaving around planes.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Originally Posted by bernardd

Just about every airporty I've been to has only the standard metal fence that is only good for keeping people out. Keep in mind that a super fence that will stop a car is not something you want in the event that an aircraft lands short or goes long.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Here the video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di-CpdJdGuU

Can't you believe it that he is breaking through the security fence. He was charges of carjacking and breaking enter into Airport property. He does not have SIDA badge and he was too extremely drunks. DAL management should have reinforcement security barrier fence. It won't cause to attempting through airport property.

Thats why DAL Love Field is shutdown for a few hours due to carjacking. It wasn't appreciate it for his behaviors at airport property today. He should never goes enter security fence ever! He is already now in the jails for existence his miserable life.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by alggag
Just about every airporty I've been to has only the standard metal fence that is only good for keeping people out. Keep in mind that a super fence that will stop a car is not something you want in the event that an aircraft lands short or goes long.
If you hit a standard section of chain link fence with a Chevy Silverado(?) the best outcome is it will wrap itself around your vehicle, provided it snaps off it's fixings.

In this case the original statement that he "drove through a fence" is misleading - he broke through the weak spot in the fence, ie the gate.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: Priority Club Spire Elite.,Hilton,Rapid Rewards,AA
Talking

Originally Posted by jrpaguia
"The suspect was seen reaching under the seat of the stolen truck..."

Instead of a weapon, a healthy stash of drink coupons, perhaps?
+1
Old Aug 20, 2010, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
Here the video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di-CpdJdGuU

Thats why DAL Love Field is shutdown for a few hours due to carjacking.
Actually, no, it wasn't. The other runway (13R/31L) was unaffected.

The police actually did the guy a favor, getting him stopped when they did. They were all heading NW on taxiway "alpha", and had the guy continued NW and off the end of "alpha" he would have shot off the elevated end of the airport and on to Shorecrest Drive, about 30 feet below the grade of the runway. Splat!
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by OPNLguy
Actually, no, it wasn't. The other runway (13R/31L) was unaffected.

The police actually did the guy a favor, getting him stopped when they did. They were all heading NW on taxiway "alpha", and had the guy continued NW and off the end of "alpha" he would have shot off the elevated end of the airport and on to Shorecrest Drive, about 30 feet below the grade of the runway. Splat!
Really? I didn't notice it. dang it! DAL Love Field didn't have shutdown for an hours. I cannot imagine what happening in DAL Love Field yesterday afternoon. Does Dallas police is already being arrested him as charges of carjacking & breaking enter into the airport property. I think the entire airport will have reinforcement the barrier gates and security will have more tighter.

PS. DO you remember what happened last 5 years ago. When he took stolen truck from downtown Phoenix and He breaking through the security gates at Sky Harbor. It was chasing over the airfield and the police is already being caught him. That's why the entire Sky Harbor is shutdown for an hours.

Last edited by N830MH; Aug 20, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.