Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Rental Car earning Rapid Reward - Automatically Registered?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st

If I choose one of the rental car options that the Southwest.com site offers to me after the purchase of a ticket on WN, does the WN site automatically transmit and associate my Rapid Rewards number to the rental car agreement?

And if so, do I earn the RR credit for the rental car expenditures automatically?

Or, do I need to manually intervene in the rental car agreement process at some point in order to provide them my RR number so that I can earn the RR points for the rental car activity?

Thank you!
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
You should always re-verify with the rental agent when you pick up the car and generate the paperwork.

Of course, you will still probably have to follow up when you don't get the credits, as I have to do EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Wilbur
If I choose one of the rental car options that the Southwest.com site offers to me after the purchase of a ticket on WN, does the WN site automatically transmit and associate my Rapid Rewards number to the rental car agreement?

And if so, do I earn the RR credit for the rental car expenditures automatically?

Or, do I need to manually intervene in the rental car agreement process at some point in order to provide them my RR number so that I can earn the RR points for the rental car activity?

Thank you!
In theory, you should receive credit. In practice, this is the least reliable part of the RR program. Whether you'll actually receive credit depends on a number of factors including the rental car brand, location, etc. Best advice is to make sure your RR number is still in the system when you turn the car in - not just when you check it out. Even if it is, there is some likelihood that the credits still won't post, which means you'll have to contact the 214 RR number and start a frequently-frustrating process that may or may not ultimately result in you getting the credits.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 1:09 pm

there isn't one single thing "automatic" about car rental credits other than you won't recieve them unless you followup, followup, followup.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
OK, so in theory yes, in practice no.

Thank you!
Old Aug 15, 2010, 7:00 pm

I just received 4x credit from Budget, for our LV rental back at the beginning of May. Tracking down these credits was a nightmare. Numerous long-distance calls that were never returned, complaints to customer service reps, faxing all the information after giving it ad nauseum to a whole host of people, and finally, finally the credits appeared in my RR account this week.

Dori
Old Aug 15, 2010, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA,DL,SPG,Hyatt
Same here, it is even making me thinking whether it is worth it. Have to contact WN almost every time to get the credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.