Drink coupon changes August 1, 2010

Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
No they are not.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:30 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by isles1
Are the "new" drink coupons with printed expiration dates being accepted even if they have expired? I have some left over from last year. Thanks!
Originally Posted by lougord99
No they are not.
I Hadn't thought so, but on my recent ONT-LAS flight, the woman in the next seat handed the FA a drink coupon with no expiration date along with a dollar bill which was accepted without a word.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:25 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by DavidBr
I Hadn't thought so, but on my recent ONT-LAS flight, the woman in the next seat handed the FA a drink coupon with no expiration date along with a dollar bill which was accepted without a word.
WHAT???

Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by DavidBr

So thats how you get the FA to accept them, give them a "tip"??
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
On all my flights now, they make the announcement that only unexpired drink coupons will be accepted and they will not accept coupons without expiration dates.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:43 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by TSparky
On all my flights now, they make the announcement that only unexpired drink coupons will be accepted and they will not accept coupons without expiration dates.
Am I the only person who has noticed LUV has lost almost half its value since institutiong this new policy?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Am I the only person who has noticed LUV has lost almost half its value since institutiong this new policy?
Certainly you don't think this is anything but coincidence?

I'm A+ - gained from twice-weekly flights from one Intra-CA business hub to another (SNA-SJC and back). I'm flying with guys going to work just like me, and ditto on the way home- and nobody around me in 18 months has outwardly GAS.

I think the only people complaining about this have a point-hoarder mentality; at least for me, I'm making 'em (esp. with RR2) faster than I can spend 'em.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
The final straw for me was RR 2.0 and the ability to get PM status on DL.

This decission about drink coupons wasn't enough to make me stop flying WN and I doubt it would be for 99.9% of the flyers (just like if Delta stopped giving me a HOOU coupon on non-upgraded flights-would be disappoitned but wouldnt make me stop flying them), it did cause me to lose a lot of respect for them and find they couldn't be trusted to keep their word.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.