Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any way to extend WN credit?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Any way to extend WN credit?

Hi all,

I spend most of my time on the DL boards, but found out that a friend of mine has a WN credit expiring today. I have a couple of questions about this:
1) Is the date the "fly by" or the "use by" day?
2) Is there any hope of a new credit being issued if he books a fully refundable ticket for today and then cancels it?
3) Any other tricks that you know of for extending that credit?

Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 3:34 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by GBadger
Yes. Pay $50 per WN policy.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lougord99
Yes. Pay $50 per WN policy.
Thanks for the quick response. I'll look into that for him.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by GBadger
Hi all,

I spend most of my time on the DL boards, but found out that a friend of mine has a WN credit expiring today. I have a couple of questions about this:
1) Is the date the "fly by" or the "use by" day?
2) Is there any hope of a new credit being issued if he books a fully refundable ticket for today and then cancels it?

Thanks!
please clarify for me. are you talking about credits/points or are you talking about an actual award?

if award, it's complete on or b4 exp. date or you can get it reissue for $50. if it is reissued, exp. date is 1 year of the date of reissued.

if credits/points, you won't get credits/points if you don't fly. and there is no extending credits/points. they just roll off after 12 months (just like earning a companion pass)
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
I believe the OP is referring to ticketless travel funds.

Also, as an aside, there is nothing on the WN site or in the CoC that indicates how long TTF's are good for until after you book the reservation. Seems like something passengers should know before they book, considering how much WN talks about "no cancellation fees" Poor form, southwest
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:43 pm

Programs: WN:No status in 2015; UA:1K long gone (1995-2003).
Originally Posted by captaink
Also, as an aside, there is nothing on the WN site or in the CoC that indicates how long TTF's are good for until after you book the reservation. Seems like something passengers should know before they book, considering how much WN talks about "no cancellation fees".
From the link on Wanna Get Away fares, before you purchase:
Reusable Funds
If you cancel your flight, 100% of your ticket value can be applied to future travel for up to 12 months.

You have to click on two links to get there, but it is there and available before you buy the ticket. The flight confirmation e-mail after purchase is explicit, providing the specific expiration date and this wording: "All travel involving funds from this Confirmation Number must be completed by the expiration date."
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Nevada1K
From the link on Wanna Get Away fares, before you purchase:
Reusable Funds
If you cancel your flight, 100% of your ticket value can be applied to future travel for up to 12 months.

You have to click on two links to get there, but it is there and available before you buy the ticket. The flight confirmation e-mail after purchase is explicit, providing the specific expiration date and this wording: "All travel involving funds from this Confirmation Number must be completed by the expiration date."
But it still doesn't say when the 12 months start until after the ticket is purchased...
Old Jul 25, 2010, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Hey folks, you only have five months to apply TTF funds towards a new ticket purchase for someone other than yourself.

Read it and weep:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...ange-ttfs.html

Starting January 2011 you'll only be able to use TTF for a replacement ticket for the original traveler. There's the predictable outcry in the above-linked thread.

(Personally, I don't think it's great of them not to make this apply only to new ticket purchases...since we were promised the old TOS when we purchased the original tickets...)
Old Jul 26, 2010, 6:55 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
(Personally, I don't think it's great of them not to make this apply only to new ticket purchases...since we were promised the old TOS when we purchased the original tickets...)
Solution: use the TTFs in January to buy a ticket in the name you want, then cancel the reservation to park the funds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.