Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

RR Visa S/U: Free Flight and $500 GCs! (EXPIRED; Now: Offer issues discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2010, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/so...erSpecialOffer

Supposedly targeted for the denver market, but I don't see why anyone else can't just click on through and sign up.

$100 gift card after $1000 spending in first 3 months
$150 gift card after $2500 total spending in first 3 months
$250 gift card after $5000 total spending in first 3 months

+

16 RR credits (1 free flight on first use)

standard $59 annual fee.

Nice. Glad I didn't jump at the targeted 32 RR credits that has been sitting in my email inbox for a month or so.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:36 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Good offer, but I got the same offer with no annual fee a few months ago. Just keep it in mind since Chase really, really wants some people's business.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:50 pm

Great! Thanks for the heads up!

I was trying to get the targeted 32 credit offer but couldn't... This is even better.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 7:04 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Nice! I've said I won't drive to HOU from north of IAH unless it's a *VERY* good deal. I consider a free flight and $500 in gift cards in exchange for $59 (and a coin trip to the bank) in the "*VERY* good" category.

Thanks for posting! My wife also says thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2010, 8:16 pm

i applied and got the "request complete" we will send you a response in 15 days via US mail...

was anyone instantly approved for this card?

i usually am instantly approved for cc's. but i did have a SW CC I cancelled in Sept 2009, wonder if it is too early to apply again?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 8:18 pm

Is this card churnable? Had one about 2 years ago but would love to get in on this promotion.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 8:35 pm

Would love to get in on this, but got the BA card last fall, new checking in April, United Visa in May, and currently refinancing my Mortgage through Chase.....I really doubt they would approve it
Old Jun 27, 2010, 9:10 pm

Programs: status-less.
One of my trusted friends gave me a referral card she got from their SWA Visa offering the basic 16 creds for me upon first use but gifting them 8 RR for getting me to sign up. A call to a phone agent elicited the answer that they would both give me the $500 gift card offer plus give the referral bonus to my referrer. So you might be able to do yourself a good turn plus help someone else. This call was dropped after the initial inquiry so will try again tomorrow and see if "CSA Roulette" can land on "yes" twice in a row.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 1:37 pm

question

just finished applying and didn't get instant approval . anyone got it instantly ? also i forgot to mention my RR# in application . if i call to add my RR# will it void the offer?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
When the wife signed up for the offer she also was not instantly approved, and it was the first and only card she wasn't approved for instantly. So I think it's just Chase's system. She got a good credit line and everything, and I just received my third gift card today..

enjoy
Old Jun 28, 2010, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by goldenbear
http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/so...erSpecialOffer

Supposedly targeted for the denver market, but I don't see why anyone else can't just click on through and sign up.

$100 gift card after $1000 spending in first 3 months
$150 gift card after $2500 total spending in first 3 months
$250 gift card after $5000 total spending in first 3 months

+

16 RR credits (1 free flight on first use)

standard $59 annual fee.

Nice. Glad I didn't jump at the targeted 32 RR credits that has been sitting in my email inbox for a month or so.
Just curious - anyone know how long the gift cards last til expiration? Same question for the RR credits - do they result in an award that expires in 1 year, like usual?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by jmeltzera
Just curious - anyone know how long the gift cards last til expiration? Same question for the RR credits - do they result in an award that expires in 1 year, like usual?
the awards and credits do expire . here is the link for giftcard
http://www.southwest.com/gift_cards/gift_cards.html
Old Jul 6, 2010, 5:38 pm

Wow! Great deal since we fly Southwest about once every year. The link at Creditcardcity.net also states the $59 annual fee is waived for the first year. Anyone know how long this promo will last? I just applied today for the SPG Amex. I need some time to get to $1000 for the 15K bonus there...then I'm going to get this card!
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:04 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
SPG has a 30k bonus going until the end of today. See View from the Wing at boardingarea.com in a post from about a week ago.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:41 am

Do you have the direct link to the SWA offer at Creditcardcity.net? I can't seem to find it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.