Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

RR Visa S/U: Free Flight and $500 GCs! (EXPIRED; Now: Offer issues discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RR Visa S/U: Free Flight and $500 GCs! (EXPIRED; Now: Offer issues discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:10 am

We're getting conflicting information. My first purchase was on 7/31 and it was over $1000. My first statement just closed on 8/18, with purchases totaling $4400. I got my reward credits posted immediately, but no gift cards. I called Chase and was just told that they have no way to know if they were mailed, because Southwest mails them, not Chase. But, I shouldn't expect anything before 6 to 8 weeks. Someone just posted that Chase mails the cards, and now I was told Southwest mails the cards......... I don't care who mails the cards as long as they come!!!!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: Delta SM, Southwest RR, Frontier ER.
I signed up for this offer in mid July. I had an immediate charge of 1200. I received the first GC very soon after that. I have not received any other gift cards as of yet, but I went past 5K about 10 days ago.

I have received all other credit (RR, etc) but I am still waiting on the other two GC's. Will try to post if I receive them!
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:30 pm

Anyone get a $100 GC Yet??!!??

So my letter from Chase came in the mail today, similar to the e-mail reply posted eariler: "Both cards were requested sepatately and may take up to 6 weeks to receive. Please allow more time for the $100 GC. tank you for your patience."

6 weeks from when?!
I'll wait another week, but then I'll be calling again.

Is there an easy way to figure out total spent? (did it the hard way, I'm 175 short of the $5k mark, will make that next week.) So then we'll see if/when the $250 card arrives.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by bryanw20
Anyone get a $100 GC Yet??!!??
The card I received (in my post above yours) was a $100 card.

Last edited by BBToast; Aug 30, 2010 at 1:55 pm Reason: spelling
Old Aug 31, 2010, 3:21 pm

I've received the $100 and the $150 gift cards. Anxiously awaiting the $250 card. I've had purchases in for over a month, but I'd expect it before long.^
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
It seems that many people shared my experience. I hit 5K before the 1st statement and only got $150 card.

It has been 3 weeks after I got the $150 card, and I haven't had the $100 and $250 cards yet. Maybe need to email Chase.

Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
I'm in the same boat, was out of town a few weeks, charged $5000 all at once--and all I had in my mailbox was a $150 GC. It sounds like from other posters here (and some on the FW forum) that everyone has had the same experience of receiving a $150 GC before anything else. I guess we'll just have to wait this one out!
Old Sep 12, 2010, 1:52 am

Nothing more for me yet....Waiting....I don't gotta have them just yet, but hate to not have the transaction complete! Anyone else get all of their GC's yet?
Old Sep 12, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
I got an email back from Chase. It was the standard language about "8-12 weeks". Looks like they don't even want to investigate it now.

Originally Posted by leonard016
It seems that many people shared my experience. I hit 5K before the 1st statement and only got $150 card.

It has been 3 weeks after I got the $150 card, and I haven't had the $100 and $250 cards yet. Maybe need to email Chase.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by leonard016
I got an email back from Chase. It was the standard language about "8-12 weeks". Looks like they don't even want to investigate it now.
Just know that you're not alone. I hit the $5000 in spending on Aug. 15 and have only received the $150 giftcard. I guess I gotta give them until Nov. 15.

It does sure make it seem, though, like something is wrong when they send out the $150 card within like a week of making the spending threshold and then don't send anything else for weeks afterwords. Plus the fact that they would send the $150 card before the $100 card also makes it seem like something is wrong.

I have no doubt that we will eventually receive the gift cards, but this erratic way of distributing them doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 1:07 pm

I'm concerned because I haven't received any gift card at all yet. I hit the first $1000 in late July. I hit $2500 in spending on August 13th.

Update--they did acknowledge via email that I should be receiving the gift cards, but I guess I have to wait until mid-October before they'll check into it further. (?)

Last edited by mareh; Sep 13, 2010 at 11:45 am
Old Sep 12, 2010, 3:57 pm

I started e-mailing Chase (using the secure e-mail once logged into my account) once only the $150 card showed up. The said to wait until 9/6 to see if the missing cards showed up (I think this was 30 days after the closing of my statement when I earned all three cards). I e-mail them again on 9/7 and they said they would "re-order" my $100 and $250 cards. I reference this thread in my original e-mail and encouraged them to escalate this issue since it looks like a systemwide problem. They didn't acknowledge this point in their response.

I encourage everyone to e-mail the folks at Chase regarding this issue. Maybe they will realize no one is getting their $100 and $250 cards and figure out the problem.

Happydad
Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:15 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
I sent a secure email today to let Chase know that I had only received the $150 card, even though I had met the spending threshold around Aug. 6. I got a response within an hour that said they had forwarded my email and that I should expect a response within 48 hours. I'll report back what they say.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:18 pm

My first purchase was 7/31 and it was over $1000. I reached $5000 sometime in mid August, and have received nothing yet. I sent Chase an email from their site, and their response was 6 to 8 weeks. So I'll wait another 2 weeks, and that will be 8 weeks from earning the first gift card.

My guess is that they may have gotten more a response to this promotion than they were prepared for.... I don't know.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 7:44 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by dloutas
My first purchase was 7/31 and it was over $1000. I reached $5000 sometime in mid August, and have received nothing yet. I sent Chase an email from their site, and their response was 6 to 8 weeks. So I'll wait another 2 weeks, and that will be 8 weeks from earning the first gift card.

My guess is that they may have gotten more a response to this promotion than they were prepared for.... I don't know.
You could send Chase another email, except that their web site has been down for over 24 hours now...
Old Sep 15, 2010, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by happydad100
I started e-mailing Chase (using the secure e-mail once logged into my account) once only the $150 card showed up. The said to wait until 9/6 to see if the missing cards showed up (I think this was 30 days after the closing of my statement when I earned all three cards). I e-mail them again on 9/7 and they said they would "re-order" my $100 and $250 cards. I reference this thread in my original e-mail and encouraged them to escalate this issue since it looks like a systemwide problem. They didn't acknowledge this point in their response.

I encourage everyone to e-mail the folks at Chase regarding this issue. Maybe they will realize no one is getting their $100 and $250 cards and figure out the problem.

Happydad
9/15 Update: Good news! I recieved the missing $100 and $250 gift cards today (two different envelopes). They were post marked on 9/13. So, it looks like Chase did "re-order" my gift cards (as promised on 9/7). So, for me the key was to pester them via their secure e-mail as outlined above. I hope others start to receive their missing cards also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.