Wiki Posts
Search

Short checking bags on WN?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
Short checking bags on WN?

I have an upcoming trip in which I will be arriving into JFK, and am not sure at this point whether I will need to travel on to WAS or BNA. I see that WN has a flight from LGA-BWI-BNA for $79 which might work well since if I don't need to go to BNA, it will still get me back to WAS. I know I can skip the BWI-BNA segment without penalty if necessary, but will WN short check the bags to BWI if I ask them in advance? We'll be returning from Europe, so carry-on only won't work this time. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
they won't short check a bag.

It'll be more expensive, but I would book this as two one-ways, that way they will be able to check the bag to your ultimate destination if you show them both your boarding passes.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 1:52 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Originally Posted by expert7700
It'll be more expensive, but I would book this as two one-ways, that way they will be able to check the bag to your ultimate destination if you show them both your boarding passes.
Wouldn't it make more sense to just book one itinerary to BWI and one to BNA in this case? That way, the OP can just take the most direct path to wherever they're going and save the TTF from the other ticket – that would make the final cost of travelling to BWI the same, and the cost of travelling to BNA cheaper after TTF.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
Originally Posted by stellertony
Wouldn't it make more sense to just book one itinerary to BWI and one to BNA in this case? That way, the OP can just take the most direct path to wherever they're going and save the TTF from the other ticket – that would make the final cost of travelling to BWI the same, and the cost of travelling to BNA cheaper after TTF.
Thanks. Unfortunately, WN doesn't fly direct from LGA-BNA. They go through either MDW or BWI. The only schedule that works for me that day is the 4 PM departure, which goes through BWI anyway. I wonder if WN allows double booking - i.e. book one itin LGA-BWI, and another LGA-BWI-BNA. I could just cancel the one I don't need as you suggest. Interestingly, both itins are currently $79.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by miguel0881
Thanks. Unfortunately, WN doesn't fly direct from LGA-BNA. They go through either MDW or BWI. The only schedule that works for me that day is the 4 PM departure, which goes through BWI anyway. I wonder if WN allows double booking - i.e. book one itin LGA-BWI, and another LGA-BWI-BNA. I could just cancel the one I don't need as you suggest. Interestingly, both itins are currently $79.
Yes, I believe that's exactly what the previous poster was suggesting!^
Old Jun 24, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Originally Posted by formeraa
Yes, I believe that's exactly what the previous poster was suggesting!^
Actually, I think he was suggesting an LGA-BWI booking in addition to a separate BWI-BNA booking. If you need to continue on to BNA then just have them check your bag all the way through (and get double the credits for flying two itineraries). If not, just cancel your boarding pass for BWI-BNA.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 11:05 am

Fed ex ground ship your bag for about $30 3 biz day service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.