FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   How to use travel voucher online (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1067050-how-use-travel-voucher-online.html)

carraher Mar 25, 2010 7:38 am

How to use travel voucher online

Sorry, if it has been answered elsewhere but I can't find the answer. My wife and I accepted a bump offer recently and were given two $200 paper vouchers for future travel. I went online to book a flight and selected voucher as the payment method. The box calls for a voucher number which has fewer digits than what is printed on our forms so I cannot continue with the purchase. Do I have to make future travel plans by telephone? If so, they aren't as valuable if they can't be used for Ding fares. Thanks.

ftnoob Mar 25, 2010 9:34 am

Your voucher should have a 16 digit "Voucher Number" and a four digit "Sectuity Code." There are two input fields in the "Southwest LUV Voucher" box that appears after you click the "Apply Travel Funds" button. Those fields should have no problem accepting 16 and 4 digits, respectively.

carraher Mar 25, 2010 9:54 am

Thanks ftnoob

It turned out that the voucher has spaces between groups of numbers. Cut and paste didn't work. Removing the spaces did ^ Do you know if flights purchased with vouchers accrue RR credits?

lil0rchid Mar 25, 2010 10:28 am

Originally Posted by carraher (Post 13646020)
Do you know if flights purchased with vouchers accrue RR credits?

Yes, they do.

ftnoob Mar 25, 2010 10:29 am

Originally Posted by carraher (Post 13645136)
two $200 paper vouchers

Cut and paste didn't work.

I can't say I'm surprised! :D :D :D
(But seriously, that is an annoyance; I enter my voucher info in my funds tracking spreadsheet and have run into the copy and paste issue also. A well made web page would not be tripped up by unnecessary spaces in an input field).

Using vouchers has no effect on whether or not you earn RR credit.

nsx Mar 25, 2010 4:20 pm

Thanks ftnoob

It turned out that the voucher has spaces between groups of numbers. Cut and paste didn't work. Removing the spaces did ^

Gift card emails have the same problem. What a stupid inconsistency!

Do you know if flights purchased with vouchers accrue RR credits?
Yes!

ftnoob Mar 25, 2010 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by nsx (Post 13648618)
What a stupid inconsistency!

Which, it should be noted, has nothing to do with the abominable web site overhaul. It is one of the many lack of common sense/user-friendliness issues with the antiquated southwest.com 1.x.