Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PNR claimed to be "not valid" when it is.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2010, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: status-less.
PNR claimed to be "not valid" when it is.

Went to check in for our flights tomorrow, two PNRs, one each for me and my wife. She's my Companion on my CP. My online checkin at T-24:00 is the usual, expected, fair-to-poor boarding position of A51. Attempting to check her in on her PNR, I get an "oops" message indicating that she is not able to check in online.

A call to the RR number elicits the response that, somehow, her PNR that is in my online itineraries at southwest.com is *somehow* not valid -the claim is "your credit card did not go through". Having already burned 15 minutes of cell phone time waiting to talk with a human in the first place, I state that I can't believe that, but agree to spend the $2.50 to get her on the plane tomorrow. Of course due to the wait on the phone, now she has B13 rather than another pass within a couple of mine as should have occurred - I of course had multiple windows open and clicked them within a second of each other.

In further digging ex post facto I have email confirmations of the purchase of the PNR, showing that it was paid for not with a credit card but by re-use of funds from an earlier, repriced ticket. My conclusion is that the problems reported by others with leftovers of $2.50 or $5.00 mysteriously disappearing is getting worse - now it may completely invalidate a reservation without you receiving any notice whatsoever. That is a particularly clever way to obtain ancilliary revenue, but it's not right by any stretch of the imagination.

I'll certainly be taking this up with Customer Relations when I get back but am not hopeful of any satisfaction.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 2:58 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by jtaft
Went to check in for our flights tomorrow, two PNRs, one each for me and my wife. She's my Companion on my CP. My online checkin at T-24:00 is the usual, expected, fair-to-poor boarding position of A51. Attempting to check her in on her PNR, I get an "oops" message indicating that she is not able to check in online.

A call to the RR number elicits the response that, somehow, her PNR that is in my online itineraries at southwest.com is *somehow* not valid -the claim is "your credit card did not go through". Having already burned 15 minutes of cell phone time waiting to talk with a human in the first place, I state that I can't believe that, but agree to spend the $2.50 to get her on the plane tomorrow. Of course due to the wait on the phone, now she has B13 rather than another pass within a couple of mine as should have occurred - I of course had multiple windows open and clicked them within a second of each other.

In further digging ex post facto I have email confirmations of the purchase of the PNR, showing that it was paid for not with a credit card but by re-use of funds from an earlier, repriced ticket. My conclusion is that the problems reported by others with leftovers of $2.50 or $5.00 mysteriously disappearing is getting worse - now it may completely invalidate a reservation without you receiving any notice whatsoever. That is a particularly clever way to obtain ancilliary revenue, but it's not right by any stretch of the imagination.

I'll certainly be taking this up with Customer Relations when I get back but am not hopeful of any satisfaction.
I had exactly the same thing happen last week, except this ticket was purchased with a credit card. The one I purchased with ticketless funds worked fine for OLCI.

The CSRs could not figure out why OLCI did not work, and I just rebooked it. No sweat on the number, because I knew the flight would go out 100% full, and it did. So the second seat was a middle anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.