Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official Rapid Rewards Availability Check Request Thread

Old Jul 16, 2013, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ftnoob
This thread was closed due to obsolescence. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...-searches.html

It was mistakenly re-opened September 2015 due to a false rumor that Southwest had eliminated the "open to all" award search functionality in a website overhaul.

It was closed again on 27-Oct-2015 due to its continued obsolescence. Please use this URL for Award availability searches, and bookmark the URL in case you need it again in the future.
Print Wikipost

Official Rapid Rewards Availability Check Request Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Sorry to say, LAX-RDU, presently there's nothing 5/20, 21, 22, 23, 24. RDU-LAX, there is availability only on 5/22 and 5/25.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:18 pm

OK, I'm very confused now. If you don't have a reward, can't you still check availability for dates by going to your Account Snapshot and clicking on the "Southwest Seat Finder" link at the top to see if the date you want has a check mark or not?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Hi Scott,

Yes, you can see availability on a daily basis without having an award. However, if someone needs particular flight information, an award is needed in order to check.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 3:44 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Belated "Welcome to FlyerTalk!," scott_w!

Your confusion is understandable, as most queries on this thread have been for award availability by date, and that information is available to anyone. Perhaps the moderators could retitle the thread or insert some text at the front to alert folks that this thread only needs to be used when the request is for something more specific than "any award availability on days x, y, z?"

(There is even a way to check award availability without logging in, but it is not as easy as it used to be.)
Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:01 pm

So I gather that the check mark simply means there is at least ONE flight on the route that is open for reward travel, but maybe not the one you want or even a desirable one.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by scott_w
So I gather that the check mark simply means there is at least ONE flight on the route that is open for reward travel, but maybe not the one you want or even a desirable one.
By Jove, I think he's got it!
Old May 5, 2010, 1:30 pm

Before I transfer my Membership Rewards points to RR, I'd appreciate it if someone could please check the availability of award flights on Sept. 12, MCO to ISP.

Thank you.
Old May 5, 2010, 2:04 pm

Welcome to FT. The first two itineraries of the day are available.
Old May 5, 2010, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by rove312
Welcome to FT. The first two itineraries of the day are available.
Rats, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for checking.
Old May 7, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
But the likelyhood of other flights on the day opening up at some point are high.
Old May 8, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: AS, AA, WN
Would someone mind checking award availability for Friday, June 18, CMH to PHX?

This is for an unaccompanied minor so it would need to be either the non-stop or the later (last?) flight with 1-stop, but no change of plane. Thanks!
Old May 8, 2010, 11:50 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
No availability on June 18. Actually, no availability on ANY FLIGHT AND DAY in June CMH-PHX except for June 30. You can see that yourself after logging in to southwest.com (the calendar will show all white except for June 30).

Southwest is becoming as bad as Continental on award availability, you can still get a seat when the schedule opens, but after that ... ugh.
Old May 8, 2010, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS, AA, WN
Originally Posted by pitflyer
No availability on June 18. Actually, no availability on ANY FLIGHT AND DAY in June CMH-PHX except for June 30. You can see that yourself after logging in to southwest.com (the calendar will show all white except for June 30).

Southwest is becoming as bad as Continental on award availability, you can still get a seat when the schedule opens, but after that ... ugh.
Thanks...I guess I should have bothered to look at that first. I just figured at least one flight would be available. LOL...oops.

I have already booked 3 award tickets on CO this year. Granted, just domestic routes, but all at the lowest award level for F or Y.
Old May 8, 2010, 12:18 pm

Programs: WN CP/AL, UA 1P, PC Plat, AA, DL, US, AK, HH, MR, OH, LQ, RD (thanks GSA City-Pair Prog/DTS)
Originally Posted by flg8rmatt
Would someone mind checking award availability for Friday, June 18, CMH to PHX?

This is for an unaccompanied minor so it would need to be either the non-stop or the later (last?) flight with 1-stop, but no change of plane. Thanks!
No standard availability on any flight, but freedom available on all.
Old May 8, 2010, 1:26 pm

Hi, can someone check seat availability for:

SFO to AUS
AUS to TPA
SFO to DEN
DEN to TPA

on June 22? I see there is some sort of availability but can't see the flights/times. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.