Wiki Posts
Search

missing first leg of flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SWA A-LISTER+CP, Delta SM, Airtran Elite, HILTON DIAMOND
missing first leg of flight

I was wonder if I could buy a ticket and hop on during a stop over place and not the starting point of my ticket.

Example:
If I fly from LGA -> BWI -> SAN can I hop on at BWI and just go to SAN??

I understand I would have no luck with luggage. And I have done it the other way with something like flying to BWI from LGA and not continuing to SAN.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
In your example you will be considered a no-show and cannot get on. Your entire ticket will be canceled.

I'm not sure why you would want to do this with SW. SW ticketing prices and policies are such that two one-ways are usually only slightly more expensive. I know many people will book the itinerary as two separate tickets if possible to get the extra credit.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
In your example you will be considered a no-show and cannot get on. Your entire ticket will be canceled.

I'm not sure why you would want to do this with SW. SW ticketing prices and policies are such that two one-ways are usually only slightly more expensive. I know many people will book the itinerary as two separate tickets if possible to get the extra credit.
i'd like to do this cause PHX -> LAS -> BHM is only $99.00 and I just want to go from LAS -> BHM, on a sunday night flight the wanna get away fare is over $160+
Old Jan 7, 2010, 9:00 pm

MMP, I think you might be wrong. With WN, they allow hidden city ticketing, so if you are doing A-B-C, you can simply take B-C if you want, and you might even see a refund of a few dollars for airport taxes.

If i'm wrong, willl SWABrian or NSX please correct me?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...ent-taxes.html
Old Jan 7, 2010, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

This is from Southwest Mission Statement, not sure it really clears up the entire missing first flight....

With respect to all of our fares, Southwest Airlines does not prohibit or penalize what is
commonly known as “hidden city” ticketing, nor does it prohibit or penalize what is
commonly known as “back–to-back” ticketing. “Hidden city” and “back-to-back”
reservations and tickets are authorized for travel on Southwest Airlines. It is important to
note that your luggage will be checked to the final destination as shown in your
reservation record. Should you choose to deplane at a stopover or connection point,
you will be responsible for making arrangements to have your luggage delivered to you.
Southwest will not entertain a lost or delayed baggage claim or interim expenses in this
circumstance.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 10:33 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by Kalun47
MMP, I think you might be wrong. With WN, they allow hidden city ticketing, so if you are doing A-B-C, you can simply take B-C if you want, and you might even see a refund of a few dollars for airport taxes.
I don't think you can book A-B-C and only fly B-C. I'm pretty sure you're considered a no show if you don't get on at station A. If you were to fly A-B and not show up for the B-C segment, that's fine.

OP, have you looked at LAS-PHX and PHX-BHM (without going back to LAS)?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by simonaut
i'd like to do this cause PHX -> LAS -> BHM is only $99.00 and I just want to go from LAS -> BHM, on a sunday night flight the wanna get away fare is over $160+
The only way to know is get an official response from SW. It might can be done since there is a plane change in LAS with an hour layover. who knows what SW will say!
Old Jan 8, 2010, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by tusphotog
I don't think you can book A-B-C and only fly B-C. I'm pretty sure you're considered a no show if you don't get on at station A. If you were to fly A-B and not show up for the B-C segment, that's fine.

The OP only wants to fly LAS-BHM. There is a non-stop LAS-BHM flight but the cost is more than using LAS as a connecting city.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: SWA
Originally Posted by tusphotog

tusphotog is correct. Hidden city means you can book A-B-C, with B being the hidden city, and only fly A-B.

If you no-show for A, you missed your flight and your ticket is canceled. You will not be able to board for B-C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.