Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Priority Pass when flying WN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:04 pm

Sadly we lost lounges at EWR and PHX. EWR AC Maple Leaf lounge, which was at an awesome exclusive location for WN travelers, suddenly disappeared from the PP network, and PHX the club lounge is leaving on 4/19. I heard PHX the club is closing - other the club lounges are safe with PP at the moment.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I just used the PHX lounge Friday and had been there in January as well. It is a hike from the D gates to the lounge, but we had 2+ hours before our flight. We could have stayed there a little longer Friday, but WN showed a 30 minute delay. Then went back to the original time (as well as FlightAware) showing the same info. Ended up being a 45 min delay, but was too long of a trek to take a chance.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Looks like Terminal 4 at ONT is going to get an Escape lounge next month. Not usable with Priority Pass, but still might be useful for some (especially those with AmEx Platinum).

https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....ntario-review/
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
thanks bobbybrown, birdiedouble and tmiw - updated post #9 with your updates. Also deleted the entry for Mexico City given Southwest's exit from the market.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:35 pm

'Minute Suites' are good for 60 minutes.

"Priority Pass member can use their lounge visit entitlement to use a Minute Suite for a 1 hour stay with additional hours discounted to $28 each."
PP lounges sometimes enforce 3-4 hour limits. Others take liberties with the "periodically restricted due to space constraints" clause.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:56 am

I was glad to see the Maple Leaf lounge at LGA move to post security until I found out they don't accept Priority Pass anymore.
Old May 15, 2019, 12:13 pm

Was in the Club at SJC the other day, and it’s absolutely filthy. Carpets and chairs are heavily stained; can only imagine the conditions in the kitchen. Really gone downhill.
Old May 15, 2019, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by LegalTender
'Minute Suites' are good for 60 minutes.

PP lounges sometimes enforce 3-4 hour limits. Others take liberties with the "periodically restricted due to space constraints" clause.

While flying though LGA JFK recently, we encountered one of those signs. I gave it my best -looking sorry -please let just us in face- and they did.

(original post said LGA - should have said JFK)

Last edited by NoStressHere; May 16, 2019 at 8:12 am
Old May 16, 2019, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
While flying though LGA recently, we encountered one of those signs. I gave it my best -looking sorry -please let just us in face- and they did.
Sorry if I'm just missing it, but which LGA lounge did you use with PP recently?
Old May 16, 2019, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by mdword
Sorry if I'm just missing it, but which LGA lounge did you use with PP recently?

Oops.. my bad. It was JFK. All those airports suck and get mixed up in my head sometimes. So sorry.
Will correct my earlier post.
Old May 17, 2019, 1:30 am

Oops.. my bad. It was JFK. All those airports suck and get mixed up in my head sometimes. So sorry.
Will correct my earlier post.
​​​​​​
All good, thanks for the update. Dang, would have been nice if there were a newly PP accessible LGA lounge I was overlooking.
Old May 19, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Was in the Club at SJC the other day, and it’s absolutely filthy. Carpets and chairs are heavily stained; can only imagine the conditions in the kitchen. Really gone downhill.
The SJC Airport is in the process of kicking out many of the food service tenants, like San Jose Joe's, and signed an agreement with various new operators to operate the food service areas in the airport. If I recall correctly Club at SJC was run by Sodexo which is a food service operator, so I am wondering if it is potentially going to be impacted as part of the SJC Airport Food Service changes.
Old May 19, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by storewanderer
The SJC Airport is in the process of kicking out many of the food service tenants, like San Jose Joe's, and signed an agreement with various new operators to operate the food service areas in the airport. If I recall correctly Club at SJC was run by Sodexo which is a food service operator, so I am wondering if it is potentially going to be impacted as part of the SJC Airport Food Service changes.
I read elsewhere on FT that they were building a second Club location in terminal A and not closing the first one. I doubt they're affected by the move you're referring to.

EDIT: link to post
Old May 19, 2019, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mdword
​​​​​​
All good, thanks for the update. Dang, would have been nice if there were a newly PP accessible LGA lounge I was overlooking.
Not sure if you have an Amex - but they do have a lounge there. Have not used it myself - we arrived way too late on our last trip... AND they now only allow entry into Amex lounges for outbound pasengers.
Old May 20, 2019, 11:01 pm

Not sure if you have an Amex - but they do have a lounge there. Have not used it myself - we arrived way too late on our last trip... AND they now only allow entry into Amex lounges for outbound pasengers.
Thanks, but I don't have an Amex plat. My go to travel card is the CSR (through which I get my PP membership). Nice that the option is there for the Amex people, though ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.