Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Priority Pass when flying WN

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2021, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by danielonn
Figure a good 10 -15 Minute walk to go to B22!
And absolutely not worth the effort for either club. Much better options close to the WN gates.
kennycrudup and synergistic like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
And absolutely not worth the effort for either club. Much better options close to the WN gates.
Any recommendations? Have a shortish connection soon that wouldn't be worth going far. We do plan to attempt it if any of our longer stops survive the schedule shakedown.
Old May 7, 2021, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by synergistic
Any recommendations? Have a shortish connection soon that wouldn't be worth going far. We do plan to attempt it if any of our longer stops survive the schedule shakedown.
I've had some good quick bites at Humble Pie Pizza and Barrio Cafe.
synergistic likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer
I really hope we get a Priority Pass lounge, Escape lounge or Priority Pass restaurant at HOU/Hobby one of these days
I imagine a PP restaurant would be the most likely. I'd be thrilled with $28 to Pappadeaux! If Landry's ran any of the concessions there we might get one sooner because they operate the two PP restaurants at IAH and are already familiar with it, but Pappa's runs many of the restaurants at HOU. HOU is pretty space constrained so I have trouble seeing where an actual 3rd party lounge would go, never mind the commercial aspect of it.
Old May 9, 2021, 10:04 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I imagine a PP restaurant would be the most likely. I'd be thrilled with $28 to Pappadeaux! If Landry's ran any of the concessions there we might get one sooner because they operate the two PP restaurants at IAH and are already familiar with it, but Pappa's runs many of the restaurants at HOU. HOU is pretty space constrained so I have trouble seeing where an actual 3rd party lounge would go, never mind the commercial aspect of it.
I second the wish for PP at Pappadeaux - I spend at least $28 there every time I pass through (assuming my connection time allows). On the other hand, if Pappadeaux did accept PP it would almost certainly get too jam-packed.
Old May 10, 2021, 2:07 pm

Great list (post #9), thanks for the resource. One update I know about, the Mera lounges in Cancun are no longer priority pass. Apparently there is now something called "The Lounge" in CUN T2 and T4 that is priority pass but I have not tried one of those yet.
Old May 10, 2021, 6:30 pm

I was not happy that the priority pass restaurant at LAX terminal 1 was not accepting Priority Pass today. They claimed that it is because they are not operating as a full service restaurant right now. However; that reason does not make sense for not accepting Priority Pass. Additionally, when people eat "to go" food in the terminal anyway, under the same roof that the restaurant would be, so the restaurant area being closed does not make sense either (plus I was able to eat indoor at a restaurant last night, so I do not understand an argument that they are legally required to be closed.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:17 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by guflyer
I was not happy that the priority pass restaurant at LAX terminal 1 was not accepting Priority Pass today
The good news is that there is no longer a problem with unmet expectations. The bas news is that Priority Pass has dropped this restaurant (or vice versa, who knows), and the same is true for the restaurant in Terminal 6.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
HankAAFlyer, you have done an amazing job keeping this thread up to date for all these years - thank you!

One quick comment about the Centurion Lounge in Charlotte: it is located at the "D" end of the connection between terminals D and E, which is a bit of a walk from terminal A (where the Southwest gates are located)...
FYI my walk from gate A24 (exiting jetway into the terminal) to check-in at CL CLT took 9 minutes; I probably lost 1/2 a minute waiting for the elevator to take me up to the lounge.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:31 pm

FYI my walk from gate A24 (exiting jetway into the terminal) to check-in at CL CLT took 9 minutes; I probably lost 1/2 a minute waiting for the elevator to take me up to the lounge.
IAH is not quite that far, but it is a solid 6-7 minutes to get from the Southwest gates in Terminal A to take the train to the lounge in Terminal D.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:45 am

Just a quick note to confirm that MIA Terminal G (Southwest uses G9 & G11) cannot be accessed from any other terminal without re-clearing security. I was going to try to check out some of the lounges when I was there a few days ago, but ended up being able to move to an earlier flight.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:02 pm

Just a quick note to confirm that MIA Terminal G (Southwest uses G9 & G11) cannot be accessed from any other terminal without re-clearing security. I was going to try to check out some of the lounges when I was there a few days ago, but ended up being able to move to an earlier flight.
Are you certain of that? I haven't been there but I thought you could.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Has anyone tried the Sweetwater place in DEN yet? I believe it is in the same concourse as the WN gates.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
I was there last week. It’s 15 mins by walking and train from WN gates (I timed it). I had eaten at the centurion lounge but I went there for a beer (which was good) but they had some decent burger/nachos sort of food offerings. There was a line to get in on Sunday evening. Probably 80% of people there were priority pass folks. I don’t think it’s worth the hike unless you have a lot of time.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Has anyone tried the Sweetwater place in DEN yet? I believe it is in the same concourse as the WN gates.
Southwest is C, and Sweetwater is B. https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...ntain-taphouse

AMEX lounge if you have the Plat card is in C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.